we still like vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got to dash.
    Marseille, a wedding, and a world cup final in the hen of the cocks (herr. no malice hey! ) awaits me.

Catch ya later peeps.
    Have fun with the OLD toy!!!

Lele

Comment

I was just reading through this post again. Is it safe to assume that in most instance which we use vraylightmtl as a main source of illumination, that we would want to use it in conjunction with skylightportals?!?

And a little off-topic but related, what other situations would we want to use light portals - window openings to help speed up an interior rendering that is illuminated soley by an exterior light source?
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
        I was just reading through this post again. Is it safe to assume that in most instance which we use vraylightmtl as a main source of illumination, that we would want to use it in conjunction with skylightportals?!?
        yep

And a little off-topic but related, what other situations would we want to use light portals - window openings to help speed up an interior rendering that is illuminated soley by an exterior light source?
        Vlado was saying that it can help with bright vraylights close to a surface. Been meaning to try that. http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ghlight=portal
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Let's say you have a big outdoor scene - a city and there's one building you are focusing on. Would it also be beneficial to put a skylight portal over the entire building if you're using the Vraysun? Would that help render times as well?
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X