latest render machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well that s good news...
    the xeons we got here can be easily listened whether they r active or not in the next room
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

it will be a very long time till I buy another Intel system, they have been continously dropping the ball for the past few year and AMD had been producing a good product at half deasent price points in the same time, hopefully they keep that standard up in the comming years.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I'm looking into getting dual quad AMD 275 machines here for a renderfarm we're setting up. Anyone know how dual core machines deal with RAM? My dual Xeon splits up the RAM per processor. Will a dual core, Dual processor machine split up the RAM 4 ways, meaning that 4 gigs of RAM equals 1 gig usable?

BTW, the dual Xeon system here at my work is pretty quiet. You probably just need to invest a few bucks on a better CPU fan.

Comment

well its stock material from Hp...i could make it quiter...but i rather stick with my newest amd aquisition...prety silent to me and i just keep the dual xeons in the other room..hehe
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

I've got a small farm of 3 "Dell" Dual Xeon Racks and when these things are turned on at once, it's like you're standing at the end of runway while a 737 is taking off. Putting the racks in an enclosure helps a "tad" but not much. The stock fans for these systems run pretty cool, I'm not sure if there are much better options for cooler versus quieter?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaPixel
              I've got a small farm of 3 "Dell" Dual Xeon Racks and when these things are turned on at once, it's like you're standing at the end of runway while a 737 is taking off. Putting the racks in an enclosure helps a "tad" but not much. The stock fans for these systems run pretty cool, I'm not sure if there are much better options for cooler versus quieter?
              If it will fit in the cases you can try putting a 60mm to 80mm adapter on the CPU coolers and that will make a huge difference, on my xeon I got the cheepest adapters I could find and heres a photo of the final result which is very quiet now

Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Comment

LOL? joconnell, what is this image supposed to be now?

Comment

Originally posted by visualride
                    I'm looking into getting dual quad AMD 275 machines here for a renderfarm we're setting up. Anyone know how dual core machines deal with RAM? My dual Xeon splits up the RAM per processor. Will a dual core, Dual processor machine split up the RAM 4 ways, meaning that 4 gigs of RAM equals 1 gig usable?

BTW, the dual Xeon system here at my work is pretty quiet. You probably just need to invest a few bucks on a better CPU fan.
                    Our Dual 270's seem to split it up 2 ways. They error out about the same time as our single proc 2gb systems error out.

This makes sense as I have 2gb's in each of the memory banks per processor (2gb in the slots for cpu1 and 2gb in the slots for cpu 2).

Comment

Our Dual 270's seem to split it up 2 ways. They error out about the same time as our single proc 2gb systems error out.

This makes sense as I have 2gb's in each of the memory banks per processor (2gb in the slots for cpu1 and 2gb in the slots for cpu 2).
                      Thanks Gilpo.

I think that Syclone1's machine may be quieter because the neon "Rave party" lights suck the sound into a booming vortex that ends up in joconnell's picture. :P

Comment

Originally posted by visualride

Thanks Gilpo.

I think that Syclone1's machine may be quieter because the neon "Rave party" lights suck the sound into a booming vortex that ends up in joconnell's picture. :P
                        LOL you could be rite.

The adapters are like that cause they were the cheepest and the fans were the same with a good air flow to noise ratio.

-dave
                        Cheers,
                        -dave

Comment

On a side note I did that fan conversion about 2 years ago just after the 2.8 xeon's came out and when it was cool to see how many cheezee lights you could stuff in your case

-dave
                          Cheers,
                          -dave

Comment

Syclone1:
                            lol makes mine look more subdued now

Have now got another of the HDD caddys, so another 12cm blue fan at the front.

I could only wish it was this dim.. it aint (its alot brighter).. and I sleep in the same room as it . Its all about placement of objects between it and my bed.. chairs, paper sheets... anything.. lol. Kinda of a zen thing

Comment

lol DaForce, I have the same case in my basement acting as my file server with 12 hard drives in it and 5 of the 120mm coolermaster LED fans in it and dam there bright. I usually dont have to use the lights much anymore as the file server and 2 slaves beside it put out enough light I can easily navagte my way throught the basement. Ill try to get a photo, kinda funny actually.

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave

Comment

yeah thermaltake make a great case IMO

hahah yeah i thought mine would be a nice night light.. but its just ridiculous.. i have to cover up the power LED otherwise i cant sleep... its a piercing light.

ANd the rest of it.. well its like sleeping out side a seedy bar with all the blue light washing around the room haha

Comment

Working...
                                X