Poll results - VRay 47.7%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpnichols
    So all Max? No Maya at all? No Lightwave or Cinema4D?
    Chris, one of the advantages of max over any other cg package is its DWG reader.
    Those Autocad nuts love to be able to click and import with layers, materials, correct normals and so on.
    It can be a huge timesaver, IF the projects are modelled in autocad.

And there's quite no application around with as many plugins as Max has, including the renderers.

So, while fR and the c4d renderer are virtually the same, i doubt c4d is so accurate and fast opening up un-educated DWGs, making choosing max over c4d a no-brainer.

And now that vray's only on max, ah man.
    I can testify i had to write all sorts of converters (animation, materials, even meshes for the lazy ones) from maya and LW to max.
    People would just drool all over my desk if i didn't.

And my insider news tell me they are STILL drooling to have it on XSI and Maya. Daily.

We're lucky, spoiled brats.

Lele

Comment

lele.... come on....

the brazil score was 8.2%
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I noticed too that it adds up more than 100%. However, some studious may use multiple rendering engines - assuming the statistics were not properly balanced and it is averaged according to the amount of time companies use a renderer on a project.

Without a link/facts in front of you - it's hard to say. But I'd guess Vray was at the top...
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

shouldnt matter if they chose more than one. As it is still calculated the same way. Total number of votes.. what percentage was vray.
          There is no proper reason to get more than 100% unless they farked it they added more votes after the intial couting was done.

Either way thats pretty embarasing IMO

Comment

Just my take on the % not just over 100% but well beyond, it is very possible to get these level of numbers; is it proper though?

As an example: if this was an online poll right now, I would choose VRay, and finalRender. And if i was the only one that had voted the results (based on how the above poll appears to have recorded the votes) it would list 100% of the people use VRay, and 100% of the people use finalRender, for a grand total of 200%.

So it's easy to get (dare I say it) 'accurate' results that way, but 'proper', I'll let all you decide.

Comment

it all depends on how you count the polls.

There is the way you suggested.. and the way i suggested. Your way.. can be over 100% my way cannot.

Polls... all to be take with a grain of salt IMO

Comment

BUT... its a great result for VRAY!!!! isnt it?
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

oh yeah of course!!!

Comment

Thanks CX - that's what I had a hard time explaining. It's all in how the poll was conducted. However, I prefer Daforce's method of percentage of time up to 100% - or better yet a better break down of what went on in this survey.
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

ok, stop dissing the poll and praise VRay!
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Go Vray! Great results Chris!

What interests me is that 3DS must have almost 80-90% of the architectural market now.

g
                        www.buildmedia.co.nz

Comment

What is probably even more interesting is if you look at it the other way around. If you took the total 3dsmax market, you may find that a very large percentage of the user base are archviz. I would bet that there are more Vray users then Renderman and probably very close to mental ray in the total 3d world. Now that is just a guess in based on a few assumptions. Someone should make a poll on cgtalk.

Comment

What is probably even more interesting is if you look at it the other way around. If you took the total 3dsmax market, you may find that a very large percentage of the user base are archviz. I would bet that there are more Vray users then Renderman and probably very close to mental ray in the total 3d world. Now that is just a guess in based on a few assumptions. Someone should make a poll on cgtalk.
                            I should note that my above statment means nothing even if true... There are a lot more Hondas sold than Rolls Royces, but it does not make them better cars.

Comment

I should note that my above statment means nothing even if true... There are a lot more Hondas sold than Rolls Royces, but it does not make them better cars.
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X