Combustion motion blur help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion motion blur help

I just started to use Combustion and I dont know it very well so could someone help me with this.
    I have rendered animation with separate chanels for velocity, Z depth and few more but I have read this two are enouph.
    I have imported all sequence photage in combustion and applyed operator RPF Motion Blur to main rgb photage.
    Nothing happened so I also applyed G-Buffer builder and used velocity and Z-depth to apropriate slots.
    Now I have blur but it looks everything is blured the same and it doesnt look good.
    So the situation is that I have applyed two operators ( RPF Motion Blur, and G Buffer Builder ) to main photage. What confuses me is that I can controll strenght of blur on two places. One is amount slider in RPF Motion blur, and second is maximum velocity slider in G-Buffer Builder.

By the way I have just applyed Show G-Buffer and velocity chanell looks wierd. It looks diferent than original, maybe they are not compatible.
    Help please.
    www.VisualizationStudio.com

one word: Bake!

Either save those channels directly in an rpf, or if you use gbuffer builder, make sure you save an rpf out before stacking effects on top.
    Safest bet it's always to have max write the rpf for you.

As for the moblur, the max velocity acts very much like levels in photoshop.
    You probably are setting it wrong if everything blurs by the same amount (very small, and the result is that you "burn in" the velocity chan, or too high, loosing "contrast" to it).

The real amount control sits within the moblur operator.

Lele

Comment

I have tryed everything but no resoults. I have never used Combustion so its all strange to me and what sence logical doesnt work.
      Maybe somebody has tutorial about applying blur as post proces in Combustion or After Effects, and I mean step by step tutorial for totaly beginers.
      Vray object based motion blur adds 400-500% to rendering time and I think its pretty important to cover this for architectural animations.
      Thanks.
      www.VisualizationStudio.com

Comment

Working...
      X