Vraysun and vraysky settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraysun and vraysky settings

Just experimenting with the Vray Sun and Vray Sky with version 1.48.03. Do you need to use Max's logarithmic Exposure control to get a successful render? Its just that I have both the sun and sky intensities down to about .03 and my scene is very blown out - BTW I am using the gamma colour correction with 1/.4545
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

you need to use it in conjunction with a Vray Camera which uses Exposure. Vlado mentioned that it's best to just leave the sun and sky at there default values, and adjust the camera shutter speed etc.

Don't (never) use max's logarithmic exposure...

For now, i'd just hope that it comes out at Siggraph - i think i remember you saying you were going, so you might be one of the first to get your hands on it - that is if it is out at siggraph which some people are speculating......

(I don't know by the way..... just hoping, but i've been hoping for about two years now......)

Comment

yeah use the vray camera if you have it and leave sun and sky at 1.0
      Other wise you just need to keep dropping them until it renders fine. I think in 1.48.03 you need to go to something like 0.005 (cant recall exactly) just keep dropping till it looks ok.

Comment

@tricky, try setting the sun intensity to about 0.001-0.002, should fix it.

@ Daforce, when leaving the sun and sky at 1.0 and using a Vray cam, have you found that if you put the enviroment to white it comes out dark grey in the render?

Comment

Untick affect background in color mapping
          Will still look gray in IR and LC calc but will render just fine.

Comment

Cheers dude

Comment

For now, i'd just hope that it comes out at Siggraph - i think i remember you saying you were going, so you might be one of the first to get your hands on it - that is if it is out at siggraph which some people are speculating......
              Yep - I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

What are the pros/cons of the vray sun/sky setup? I'm trying to balance render time Vs quality. I like the idea of objects giving a reflection of the sun itself, but I don't want to wait 10x as long for a render to happen. Anyone using the vray sun/sky on a day-to-day basis?
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Certainly no negative time or quality differences compared to say a direct light and skylight

Comment

i used it with normal camera, only with multiplier settings in sky and sun at 0,01 (or 0,001 in older versions).
                  looks great.
                  Marc Lorenz
                  ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                  www.marclorenz.com
                  www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
                  X