Distributed PPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed PPT

Is Progressive Path Tracing distributed? I thought it was not. But when I calculate one, all my spawners start working. And when I kill one spawner, the estimated time left doesn't vary that much (26min. on 50).

Currently PPT is not distributed. All the slaves will be computing the exact same image.

However, see this post for information on how to split PPT calculations across several machines:
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...t+blend#115387

The blendimg tool is now available here:
    http://www.spot3d.com/vray/misc/blendimg.rar

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Any chance of an 'assign lightcache to dr workstation' function? Here at work I have the fastest computer and sometimes I get 1/2 way through the irradiance pass before the other workstations kick in (due to slow lightcache calculations). I use DR mostly for previews as I'm working, so it would be nice to have a way to have only my machine (or any machine on the DR network) render the lightcache, then distribute the solution across the network for the irradiance calcs/final rendering. This would just be faster for previews than the 'uncheck Render Final Image' and turn DR off... render out lightcache and save to the network... recheck Render Final Image and turn DR back on... then do the test render.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
        Currently PPT is not distributed. All the slaves will be computing the exact same image.
        Understand. And even if a faster server have finished building light cache before my machine, it won't be taken in count.

Comment

Originally posted by dapeter
          Any chance of an 'assign lightcache to dr workstation' function? Here at work I have the fastest computers and sometimes I get 1/2 way through the irradiance pass before the other workstations kick in (due to slow lightcache calculations). I use DR mostly for previews as I'm working, so it would be nice to have a way to have only my machine (or any machine on the DR network) render the lightcache, then distribute the solution across the network for the irradiance calcs/final rendering. This would just be faster for previews than the 'uncheck Render Final Image' and turn DR off... render out lightcache and save to the network... recheck Render Final Image and turn DR back on... then do the test render.
          this would be a nice feature. Maybe this can be scripted by someone...you know who you are

Comment

on my rendernodes, the hdr files is black when they are saved, what am i doing wrong?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

How long ( MB ) is that file ?

Best regards,
                nikki Candelero
                .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

i have deleted the files, but i dont think they were big.. when they render you see the progress, but i think it's when the file is saved..

Comment

what is the sample size in the LC ?

Best regards,
                    nikki Candelero

Comment

i did a test now, the files are 32kb, and sample size are 0.02

Comment

found what i was doing wrong, didn't check the virtual frame buffer..
                        thanks anyway!

Comment

Can you send me the scene. Thanks.

Best regards,
                          nikki Candelero

Comment

Working...
                          X