Animation with HDRI lighting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation with HDRI lighting...

I am trying to light my scene with an hdri lighting setup. Basically the light is only emitted by the map. Also i am overwritting the reflection enviroment channel with a different hdri for nice chrome reflections. It all looks very nice but as soon as i render a few frames for the animation i get a lot of moveable bloches and noise.

Here are my render settings

and the red circles indicate the bloches that are moving like crazy. Sometime the materials is brightning up as well. Almost looks like a flip of normals.

Here is the rendering with those problems:

Here are my settings for the main metal that iam using

Hopefully someone knows the answer!

Is there something speciall i have to watch out for when using hdri in animations?

cheers

ralf

hmm, the first thing that springs to mind is to use a smaller and blurred HDR for lighting...

you could also try mapping your HDR to a domelight instead of the environment, it might render a little slower, but i think that domelight is optimized for hdr lighting.

could a HDR in reflections only, and pure white lighting do the job well enough?

Comment

Its because you have Use interpolation checked in your glossy materials.

If after unchecking it, frame time gets too slow, try changing your secondary bounces to LC, and select Use lightcache for glossy rays option.
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

HDr..

I will try it with hdr only in reflections. maybe the error is within the materials as well.

using the dome light as u said seems to take away my alpha channel. maybe i am doing something wrong. but i keep trying.

Oh a test seems to go quite well without hdri as an lightsource. i keep u posted

Comment

hdr

Thx Clifton i try that as well...

Comment

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ial_params.htm

In particular:

Reflect interpolation
            These determine the options for the interpolation of glossy reflections. They are very similar to the options for the irradiance map. Note that it is not recommended to use interpolation for animations, since this may cause severe flickering.
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
            X