Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gilicom

dude
    try spotting the diffrance between your image and the one above....
    just a few but i'm sure you will get on them...
    That's pretty funny. I cut and pasted the message from the older thread (fixed now) and didn't check the image I think I am putting in way too many hours...

Comment

• Morbid - wow.
      that must be great to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morbid Angel
        Hey guys. I got a chance to try this on intels prototype 80 core model which they are developing. its quite nice isnt it...

Woah does it have built in LWF?????
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

• guys.. Morbid is kidding.. Of course he doesn't have such beast, and IF he did he for sure wouldn't be allowed to post benchmark tests.

/Thomas
          www.suurland.com
          www.cg-source.com
          www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

• Haha, you wouldnt have thought it'd work that well on a forum where most people have photoshop.

Comment

• For me it was the incorrect spelling of 'experEmental' that gave it away...

Comment

• lol not to mention the ram amount being out it should be 12288 not 12228 hahaha

Comment

• Hm..., If dual quad core system goes 60-80 sec ... we have now 10x8 core =80 core intels prototype, result would be on that system 10x faster - 6-8 sec!?
                  ...3 sec on intel prototype is result of 160 core processor or not?!
                  www.visumporec.com

Comment

• it's hard to calculate on imaginary numbers.

/Thomas
                    www.suurland.com
                    www.cg-source.com
                    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

• Originally posted by visumporec
                      Hm..., If dual quad core system goes 60-80 sec ... we have now 10x8 core =80 core intels prototype, result would be on that system 10x faster - 6-8 sec!?
                      ...3 sec on intel prototype is result of 160 core processor or not?!
                      Each processor is 80 core which is 20x more than the 4 currently available so the ~3 second time seems legit. Now as for the mispelling and memory error... Oh yeah, and no one brought up that the image isn't rendered correctly so we really can't trust the number anyways, he probably just tweaked the scene to get it to render in the 3.1 seconds.
                      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• Haha, you wouldnt have thought it'd work that well on a forum where most people have photoshop.
                        he probably just tweaked the scene to get it to render in the 3.1 seconds.
                        Why take the hard way if it's simple? Render to vray frame buffer, open stamp controls (2 arrows on the bottom right) and fill in whatever you like...
                        www.vknt.be

Comment

• indeed. throw in image into environment, set stamp whatever you like and render away. Probably even why its double gamma'd

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Could be, but not even necessary to render image as environment. You can modify the stamp while it's rendering in the VFB itself. You do not need to set it on beforehand in the render dialog. I use it to comment my testrenders.
                            www.vknt.be

Comment

• hahahahhahaaha

sorry guys I had to do this....other wise this bench thread was getting boring
                              Dmitry Vinnik
                              Silhouette Images Inc.
                              ShowReel:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

• Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                                hahahahhahaaha

sorry guys I had to do this....other wise this bench thread was getting boring
                                so were your misspellings intentional or accidental? I know engrish aint your first language

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                                X