Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, not arguing, just politly making your point eh....

however, it still don't hit me why you took my post so personal? Instead of giving an advice about how to achieve better results with equipment you are fammiliar with, you start talking about your oc'd core duo.

ok... you won... i have sloooooow q6600 and i'm soooooory i took one phenom on the test to share it's results with the group.

It won't happen again, scouts honor!

Cheers!

P.S. Sure i will take your advice about how to speed up my proc
    Last edited by sine_mare; 11-12-2007, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sine_mare View Post
      No, not arguing, just politly making your point eh....

however, it still don't hit me why you took my post so personal? Instead of giving an advice about how to achieve better results with equipment you are fammiliar with, you start talking about your oc'd core duo.

ok... you won... i have sloooooow q6600 and i'm soooooory i took one phenom on the test to share it's results with the group.

It won't happen again, scouts honor!

Cheers!

P.S. Sure i will take your advice about how to speed up my proc
      Wow, you really got me wrong. I had no intention of insulting you or your 6600. The main point of this thread is for people to assess what proc gives the best bang for the buck. I was just pointing out that the phenom is not faster than most of the 6600's posted, but take it as you will.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

• Is the link to this file gone? I wanted to benchmark my workstation against a new laptop Ill be getting, does any have it?
        Thanks Tina

Comment

• There should be an updated link somewhere inside the thread; if you cannot find it, I can send you the scene.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• wow this post has survived a long time. 44 pages and increasing

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Yeah I posted a new download link 1 page back
              http://rapidshare.com/files/69590545...nchmark_01.rar

Yeah its had a good innings.
              My grass thread on the other hand has been around since 2004.. only a mere 35 pages tho

Comment

• I got it. Here is my 2.5 year old machine..

dual xeon 3.60ghz
                ati firegl v7100
                4mb ram (well xp 3gb or so)
                windows xp
                Attached Files
                Thanks Tina

Comment

• Anyone heard of any benchmarks results featuring the new 5400 series Xeons? (25% faster they say)

Comment

• Dell precision 650 Dual Xeon

Almost 4 year old machine.
                    If I turn off the legacy syn/sky, 3ds photometric scale and max compatible shadecontext - it renders the same view at 1min 12s. But the image gets very dark...
                    Am I doing something wrong?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, that's doing something wrong. Since the scene is a lot darker it will almost inevitable render faster since vray determines it's sampling rate based on the amount of "visible" noise among other things. For darker scenes vray is able to basically skip over these noisy areas since you don't really see the noise. Brighter scenes require more samples (and are thus slower) in order to reduce that noise to acceptable levels.
                      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• Dual Xeon Quad Core Dell T5400

Just got my new render machine running the new 45nm 5400 series Xeons.

2 x 2.5 Ghz (E5420) Quad Core Xeons
                        4 GB Ram
                        Wins XP 64bit

Benchmarks done in 32bit Max and Vray 1.5 final (not sp1).

Comment

• mobo : ASUS P5K Deluxe (same as Premium)
                          CPU : Q6600 stepping G0 2.4ghz@3.75
                          Full watercooling : CPU, north and southbridge.
                          8 Gb ram (DDR2 4x2Gb 1000Mhz)
                          XP pro 64
                          VRay 1.5 SP1
                          1min19sec
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hey...Where is the little spec sheet that was with this thread...I am trying to do a little research for our IT dude...Thanx
                            Eric Camper
                            Studio 3D
                            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

• you mean this... http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...&postcount=238
                              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• Eric,
                                You might want to take a look at this thread if you're considering any quad-core xeons:
                                http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=40702

The performance of the Quad-Core Xeons in the real world is a little different than this benchmark would show. If you do any memory-heavy scenes with loads of proxies, you might be a little disappointed by their performance. As long as you know their strengths and weaknesses, you'll be fine. We love ours but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents from experience in here so there's no surprises.

Comment

Working...
                                X