Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes either in this thrad or some other thread a few people have mentioned what parts they have used.

If you search for xeon motherboard or something similar you should find some results.

Comment

• oops stealth mode

Originally posted by DaForce View Post
      That strikes me as alot slower than it should be. Its showing as 656mhz
      Yeah, oops I was running in stealth mode. Geez I thought it was slow too. Here it is in normal mode
      Attached Files
      Thanks Tina

Comment

• much better

Comment

• Well my new system is single q6700 but it rendered in 1m 18.9 with 4 gigs of ram. But I was at a clients office today and they got a new system that they thought was a beast, 2 quad cores and 32 gigs of ram but the scene rendered at 1 min 52. Now the cpus are AMDs 2352's I believe but I couldn't believe the difference. The AMDs are 2.1 but still...

Comment

• Sawyer, your render time should have been maybe around 2mins.. with a single no overclock QX6700, perhaps your noted down the time wrong. Can you post the render?

Even my Q6600 OC'd to 3.2ghz doesnt get that low.

Are they using the latest vray release?
            I also didnt think the AMD Quads were all that crash hot? havnt read all that much into them tho. Was it definitly rendering all 8 cores?
            Last edited by DaForce; 24-03-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Well I could have done something wrong in how I set this file up but I know I did the same for both scenes I worked on. I switched out of the vray camera and added 2.2 at the color mapping but this is how I did both scenes so if they are not consistent with how people here have done them I know they are consistent with how I did both of them. Both use the same sp1 release of vray.

And yeah I saw 8 buckets rendering.

Comment

• I would have to say if your going to be modifiying the file it proves of little use to be posting it here for comparison.
                But that isnt the aim of your post anyway.... but if you could post a rendertime with the unmodified file that would be handy to know.

As for the AMD issue... that is abit odd. I can only assume the AMD's dont perform as well per MHZ than the intels.
                As they are only 2.1ghz, thats a total of 16.8ghz. Which if it were mhz - mhz the same as an intel that would be low - mid 1min rendertimes. So its abit behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce View Post
                  I would have to say if your going to be modifiying the file it proves of little use to be posting it here for comparison.
                  But that isnt the aim of your post anyway.... but if you could post a rendertime with the unmodified file that would be handy to know.
                  Well the unmodified file comes in at 2:m7s on my machine the q6700.

Comment

• does anyone tried those and what can we do with :

http://www.boxxtech.com/Products/ren...verviewPop.asp

3LP Team

Comment

• Just for the record, just picked up 2 new render slaves-

Intel Q9300@2.5ghz (stock), 8gb ram, Vray 1.50.sp1, 2 mins 4 secs.
                      They run nice and cool, after an hour's rendering the temp only reached 32c using the intel heatsink.

Comment

• 2 all :
                        ok, but maybe this scene is to weak to beat ours muscle machines, so what will you say for some good exterior test scene ,hmm ?

Comment

• ive got a tower scene hanging about somewhere

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• 2 Da_elf : can you put here officially and start new competition ?

Comment

• yiaks....i think i heard tower!

Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                              nuno@ene-digital.com
                              00351 917593145

Comment

• I thought I'd heard 'tower' mentioned before...

Attached Files
                                Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
                                X