Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janosik:
    That seems a little slow..

My Q6600 at 3.2ghz runs in at 1m41s
    Would have thought your octa would have whooped it.

Comment

• 2DaForce :
      nice

i wish i could overclock my optys to 3 ghz ,( no way ), but i bought quad mobo so i am waiting with this older optys to 45 nm quad cpus or 6 cores ?

edit : minor improvements : time 1:32 made on max2009design 64 bit and win server 2008 64 bit and "huge " 3 gb of ram ( some memory problems i have now )
      Last edited by Janosik; 17-05-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• would somebody please make a new and exciting benchmark scene? It needs to be rendered with an average of maybe 5mins minimum. 1 minute benchmarks just don't allow a large enough variation in render speed. I'd give it a try, but I made the last two and am too busy with stuff.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• hmmm... I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe I could try and sketch something out this week or weekend.
          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

• 2all :

can i ask for exterior scene ? more dislacement and glossy reflections and small leaves , etc .... and we have peace to be reached by 16 core systems or 32 ones .

btw: i have some models of family houses if you want ......we can do puzzle from several scenes maybe

Comment

• Sounds good. Give it a shot.

I was kind of planning an interior scene, trying to use all latest V-ray features (well, for 2008, 1.5 sp1 anyway), in a space with a lot of iconic models such as stanford bunny. Maybe grazing on some vray fur grass or something...

Comment

• Is the render time from my system reasonable, given my hardware...or is there something obvious (short of buying a new system or overclocking) that will improve my render times?
                CPU-Z screenshot and benchmark render times are attached...

6min 6sec

Dell Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz, 4GB RAM
                Attached Files

Comment

• Do you have 2 or 4 cores? If 2, then it sounds reasonable.

The latest benchmark posted of 1 min 11 sec, was on an 8 core machine

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman View Post
                    would somebody please make a new and exciting benchmark scene? It needs to be rendered with an average of maybe 5mins minimum. 1 minute benchmarks just don't allow a large enough variation in render speed. I'd give it a try, but I made the last two and am too busy with stuff.
                    We are currently working on a small V-Ray benchmark package; it's basically a very small bootable image that you can burn on a CD or USB drive and includes a mini live Linux distribution with V-Ray standalone for Linux. The idea is to make the benchmark environment as controlled as possible to ensure accurate results. That way things like the operating system and various programs that might be normally installed do not influence the benchmark.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• now that will be awesome!
                      cant wait!
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

• Hmm yeah, sounds interesting, I think a sealed version that runs in the Windows environment would be handy also, since that's where most of us work.
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

• vlado.... what do you think.... when is this bench-image available ?

/.mario'
                          Dual Xeon E5-2699 v43, ASUS Gforce RTX 2080S, Samsung M.2 SSD,
                          www.robostudio.swiss/portfolio
                          mr@robostudio.swiss

Comment

• digging up an old post.
                            A: can anyone run the benchmark through sp2 and an i7 machine and
                            B: any news on the chaos benchmark vlado?

---------------------------------------------------
                            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Elf, i got a time of 1:10. I7 920, 8gb ram. Overclocking to 3.4mhz will do it in under a minute. If you want a image i'll post one tomorrow.

Comment

• I7 920 @ 3.55Ghz 12Gb ram.
                                Time - 1:04.2
                                Patrick Macdonald
                                Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

Working...
                                X