Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with the one I have has been right on. I mean a scene that took an hour before is taking 6 minutes, about 10 times faster than my old Dual 3.0ghz. So for that I am pleased. Of course the scenes I am working on now are taking 20 minutes to render and are taking 200 minutes on a dual core that we have here... I was really looking for the difference in percentage in the 5355 vs say a 5310 or 5320. For the price and stuff I dont mind getting something a little slower. Are you saying you were dissapointed my the Quads performance..Or is that just becuase you had a newer machine and expected better? I was spoiled cause my other machine blows in comparision. LOL...But thanx for the link and advice...Keep it coming..

Later
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

• Originally posted by n6 View Post
      mobo : ASUS P5K Deluxe (same as Premium)
      CPU : Q6600 stepping G0 2.4ghz@3.75
      Full watercooling : CPU, north and southbridge.
      8 Gb ram (DDR2 4x2Gb 1000Mhz)
      XP pro 64
      VRay 1.5 SP1
      1min19sec
      damn 3.75!
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

• Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
        damn 3.75!
        it boots up to 4300GHz but its only full stable at 3.75Ghz with 1.44V ( rather than its stock VID near 1.3V)
        But its a very very good price/performance ratio compared to all those dual XEON combos that are at least 5x ( and some time 10x...) more expensive.

-All you need is a very good cooling solution = no air cooling, it sucks
        -A very good PSU : mine is an udge 1000W PSU with a litle 80A on a SINGLE 12V rail... (Olympia 1000).
        -You also need not to have a 1502 pc farm in order to be interested in my words regarding the OC of a standalone workstation

Comment

• Just tested one of our new machines:

BOXX W8400 Special Edition

Xeon Dual core X5482 @ 3.2 Ghz
          8 GB Ram

55 sec.
          Attached Files

Comment

• TomC, it's one or two xeon X5482 processors inside?
            I see something very slowly in 55 sec compare to Dual X5365 - 47 sec
            www.visumporec.com

Comment

• Originally posted by visumporec View Post
              TomC, it's one or two xeon X5482 processors inside?
              I see something very slowly in 55 sec compare to Dual X5365 - 47 sec
              This is unfortunately with two of them. It is right out the box and I'm gonna take a look what could be holding it back. (Killing the vrayspawner that was running in the background already shaved two seconds off )

I saw I did the render with SP1 and the other one was with the full version ... could it influence that much?

Anyway, I'm not gonna cry over it ... I like the machine

Comment

• Tom - Did you set the light cache passes to 8 vs. the default 4?
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• laptop benchmark

Here is my new Alienware m15x laptop. with the new dual core x9000 2.8 ghz penryn, 4g ram(32bit), 8800gtx, vista 32. Not bad for a lappy. Its not 1 minute but I can take it places and render if I have to. Plus the whole thing lights up different colors.
                  Attached Files
                  Thanks Tina

Comment

• That strikes me as alot slower than it should be. Its showing as 656mhz

Comment

• yap...at first i thought i should get some sleep, as my eyes were playing me tricks...
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

• Need to turn of all that sissy battery saving, meltdown stopping stuff
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

• Latecomer...

Hey guys, another dual x5355 with 8gigs ram. A minute and 8 seconds. I bought the second core a few weeks ago on ebay for 420bucks. oem, never installed. I'm glad it works.
                          Attached Files
                          joel burbage
                          strivestudios
                          www.strive3d.com | www.joelburbage.com

Comment

• Just wondering, do the Xeons have one or two processors ?
                            www.morphic.tv
                            www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

• Can be 1, 2 or 4 cpu's. per motherboard. (the 4 cpu motherboard are rare)
                              They mostly have 4 cores each cpu nowdays, however you can still buy dual core xeons I believe.

Most people here will have dual quad core xeons. Meaning a total of 8 cores.

Comment

• Do you know if any of the people with these dual processor xeons written up the full specs of their machines ?
                                www.morphic.tv
                                www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X