Basic LC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic LC question

Just wondering when doing LC flythroughs for camera animations, do you set LC to screen or world. I read in the tutorial for animated walkthroughs, that its best to set to WORLD and just use SCREEN for frame by frame renders. But it also said that outdoor shots or shots with big open areas (like product shot with just ground plane, even though a camera animation, might run into problems with using WORLD in this case, better to use screen. Am I undestanding that right?

Also, just wanted to know what I am looking for to be able to tell if a LC preview (LC/LC) is a good setup or not. i mean 'evaluating noise' is kind of subjective so are there some guidelines to look at a non-filtered LC/LC render test and say' oh yea, thats a keeper'. in the image below, I dont know how to evaluate this to say its good or bad, in terms of the samples, etc.

http://www.geocities.com/highpoly/forum/lc_preview.jpg

this is LC/LC with 1000 subs, 0.01 size/screen, store direct OFF, 4 passes, filter none.

any help is great, thanks

You can increase the subdivs perhaps to 1500 or 2000 to reduce the noise a little bit.

A basic rule as far as noise/subdivs ratio is concerned: when you reduce the sample size in half, you need to increase the subdivs twice to keep the same noise level (however, calculation time for the light cache will quadruple).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado... thats really helpful to know

Comment

Working...
      X