Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Motion Blur Behaviour with Particles

Hi,

I've got a tight deadline coming up, and I'm using particles for the first time in a real project.
    I'm using instanced geometry for the particles, and using VRayPhysCam motion blur.

I sent off about 200 frames to render over the network last night, and this morning I've come in to find that about 20% of the frames, seemingly at random, haven't got motion blur on the particles. The other 80% are fine.

I've experimented this morning with changing the integration step of the particles, and upping the samples of the blur, but every time, those particular frames render without blurred particles.

I'm at a loss, and I'm rapidly running out of time, with a couple of thousand more frames to render, so if anyone knows a way round this, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

John
    Website
    Behance
    Instagram

Only thing I can suggest right now is to render with the scanline as a backup or use bobos script to bake particle motion to scene objects so you're dealing with dumb animation instead of particles. I've found that network rendering with particles throws up some weird stuff at times - vlado was mentioning that baking the animation is a safe way to go with 3dsmax objects overall rather than having vray evaluate the transforms - might be worth looking into orbaz's disk cache plugin so you can bake pflow to disk to do this.

http://orbaz.com/products/particleflow/cache/

and

http://scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs5/pflo...ingObjects.htm

Comment

Thanks for the help joconnell (and Vlado by e-mail).

We're going to have to do it in scanline and composite it in afterwards. But it's good to know that there are other options when we've got a bit more time to test them. The Orbaz cache plugin looked good, but I don't think there's a 64-bit version of it out yet, which rules it out for us.

Cheers,

John
      Website
      Behance
      Instagram

Comment

Working...
      X