Performance loss: dynamic memory limit too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance loss: dynamic memory limit too low

Hey guys! I'm getting this warning in the V-Ray log ("Performance loss: dynamic memory limit too low") -- but default geometry in the system is still set to static rather than dynamic, so why would V-Ray be complaining that I've set the limit too low?

I should add that this error first appeared after I added a bunch of high-poly proxy trees. The scene also was already using displacement in the grass and on a rock wall, so it is getting a bit intense.

Thanks!
    Shaun
    ShaunDon

proxies, displacement, fur all use dynamic memory, so even when set to static the dynamic limit should be set high enough to accommodate these in RAM
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Big up, Eric, I had never heard that before, but that made a huge difference in my rendertime. Thanks!

Shaun
      ShaunDon

Comment

V-Ray will show this warning if it has to flush and rebuild geometry too often, causing the rendering to slow down. To make things better you should increase the Dynamic memory limit. As ReRender pointed out, there are some objects which always generate dynamic geometry by their nature.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X