No announcement yet.

Dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats what I figured but that place certainly sounds like they are "charging" you for the dongle itself.

But if its just $40 for postage and handling then that is ok, but $40 is excessive for such a small item, which leads me to believe they are trying to profit from it.

Comment

The nice people at Creative Tools here in Sweden shipped the dongle for free. No charge what so ever!

cheers!
      Peter Brauner
      VFX Artist
      Effektfabriken
      http://www.effektfabriken.se/

Comment

yep, the italian reseller didn't charge anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          A dongle will be required to run the final 1.5 version of V-Ray; a software license will be provided only if there is absolutely no other way to get it working.

While the dongle itself is free, resellers might choose to charge a certain amount for shipping and handling, which there is unfortunately, no way to avoid.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Paying $40 for something one ordered a year ago that was supposed to be free is rather like adding insult to injury. Perhaps you need to contact this reseller in Canada. If you want to have the "It's out of my hands" attitude about it, that is certainly your option.
          Surreal Structures
          http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

$40 is a little excessive since the damn thing is so small they could conceivable put it in an envelope and stick a stamp on it. My local reseller (who I didn't even buy it from) overnighted it to me using my own FedEx # so they made nothing on it.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

The shipping stamp on my dongle package was $1.88 us.

Comment

Well...well...i guess i will have to give them a call. It's only 500 km to ship anyways and within the country.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ingo

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer
                  The shipping stamp on my dongle package was $1.88 us.
                  That's interesting. My reseller told me their standard shipping was $10. I told them they could drop it in the mailbox for 41 cents.
                  Surreal Structures
                  http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

So i just got of the phone with the reseller and IT IS $40 canadian for shipping and handling for soemthing that i ordered a year ago. She told me that basically canada post will be the same price than UPS. And since i will need that dongle to run the program they charge $40 bucks. That means because i need it otherwise i can not run the program they just screw poeple that way. That is a raelly sucky way of doing business and knowing that i dpon't have another choice than ordering fom them.

Pissed off
                    Ingo

Comment

Trinity3D.com placed my dongle in a padded envelope and sent it regular mail. It took about a week from the day they said they would ship it out to get me. Perhaps others can request to have theirs sent by regular mail delivery.

Comment

I also recently received my dongle from Trinity3D.com in a padded envelope and was not charged any shipping. Thank you to Jim, the Trinity Animation owner, for kindly covering the USPS charge of $1.30 in stamps!

Trinity Animation also included instructions via e-mail.

Comment

That's indeed bad style of the distributor

We recieved ours free of charge and without any problems quite a while back.

Regards,
                          Thorsten

Comment

well...it not over yet :P
                            I will call tomorrow again and talk to the manager.

It ii not about the 40 dollars it is about the fact that they think people are stupid and that they try to screw their costumers....that's what makes me mad. The thing is if i buy anything it is free shipping and the way it is displayed on their website is that you buy the dongle and shipping is included LOL
                            http://www.studica.com/products/prod...productid=8997

Congrtas to you resellers btw.

Ingo

Comment

Maybe Vlado might have some leverage against these people.
                              Surely the dongles were shipped out with not for resale kinda deal.

These people are clearly....clearly.. trying to screw people over.

Perhaps you can get your dongle elsewhere?

Comment

I don't know? As it looks to me it is THE reseller for the dongle here in canada but maybe i am wrong.

Ingo

Comment

Working...
                                X