New Chaos Group forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarsSonparsson View Post
    Normally I'm spending alot time here, but now it's really annoying.
    I have to remember which post is new or already read.
    I usually use the "New Posts" button to see updated posts; but I agree that there is something strange there (maybe the forum time is wrong or something... no idea, I hope it will be looked into).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by re:FORM View Post
      Is there a way to adjust the URLs that people have posted on the old forum, to work with the new one? Alot of links Im clicking in old threads just take me to the forum front page.
      We will be looking into this as well (I suppose the redirect needs to be fixed).

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

just cant get rid of the feeling that the old forum was much much better
        .............sorry to say Vlado

wish we could go back to using the old one......i used to spend so much more time on it, but now i just quickly browse through it and leave....i dont like the new style, colors, errors with posts not updating as read.....

as much as i love whatever guys from chaos do with vray and its community i just feel this version of forum was actually a downgrade......

best regards

Martin
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Couldn't agree more Martin.. couldn't agree more.

Comment

<shrug> I was not even aware that the forum was going to be changed until after it was. But now that it is changed, there is no point in trying to revert to the old one, as that would be just as problematic. As far as I understand, the change was mostly for security reasons.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Last edited by vlado; 16-03-2008, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Mostly agree. I hadn't problems with read posts notifications, in fact I like the way it works now, but I don't like at all the colors and layout, been waiting for months for a new look ...

Comment

Just changing the "user bar" avatar space or whatever it is called from horizontal back to vertical like it was would be a big improvement IMO
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post
                  Just changing the "user bar" avatar space or whatever it is called from horizontal back to vertical like it was would be a big improvement IMO
                  second that. I generally prefer the new board though as the improvements generally out way the simplicity of the old one. For me the "read posts" works much better than before (I can browse the forum from different machines and the posts don't get repeated) and I like being able to jump to the latest unread with the click of a button. The ability to include an image without having to upload it to my server is a big bonus as well.
                  Last edited by dlparisi; 16-03-2008, 07:53 PM.
                  www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
                    second that. I generally prefer the new board though as the improvements generally out way the simplicity of the old one. For me the "read posts" works much better than before (I can browse the forum from different machines and the posts don't get repeated) and I like being able to jump to the latest unread with the click of a button. The ability to include an image without having to upload it to my server is a big bonus as well.
                    quoted for agreement!
                    my experience browsing/reading the forum so far has been quite superior in terms of following the latest threads in the new one!
                    though i must agree the horizontal layout is less apropriate for a continuos reading...
                    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                    nuno@ene-digital.com
                    00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by ene.xis View Post
                      quoted for agreement!
                      my experience browsing/reading the forum so far has been quite superior in terms of following the latest threads in the new one!
                      though i must agree the horizontal layout is less apropriate for a continuos reading...

Agree !!!

Best regards...
                      My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X