Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended LC Workflow

Hi all,

I have only recently started to use LC for secondary, and I am confused how to best work out if the size of the samples and quantity is good enough? With IR as primary it is easyier to see if things are splotchy or not refined enough, and you can make changes to suit. But with LC some times I increase a settings and see no effect. Is there a good way, ie to start with LC for both 1st and 2nd and get a rough setup? Then move to IR and know the LC is ok, and any problems are due to the IR setting?

I realise this might sound a bit noobish but LC does seem to be a bit of a dark art!

Thanks

Have a look at the tutorial for walkthrough animation at the Vray manual. It describes how you can use LC for 1st and 2nd bounce to determine the settings before switching to IR for first bounce. Similar workflow can be used when working with stills concerning this. There is also an explanation of when to use world or scene scale for the LC settings. Hope that helps

Link to tut: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ials_imap2.htm

Comment

Yeah that tut is cool. I have read it in the past. The area that is a bit unclear is what you should be looking for in a good LC solution. In the tut, the image they have shown seems to be very blotchy. I do not yet understand what kind of visual solution will produce good results, ie why that worked well, but one with 2x size of samples would not be so good?

Thanks for your info

Comment

Working...
      X