No announcement yet.

Maxscript Vray What does it all mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recursion is one of the fundamental concepts of programming, so nothing dangerous there You just have to be careful to have a terminating condition when the recursion must stop.

For the forum messages formatting, you can use tags enclosed in brackets, like [ b ] some text [ /b ] for bold, [ code ] and [ /code ] for a block of code etc. There should not be intervals inside the brackets, I just added them so that you can see the codes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Recursion is one of the fundamental concepts of programming, so nothing dangerous there You just have to be careful to have a terminating condition when the recursion must stop.
      Couldn't help but have a genuine laugh at this.
      I DO know something about recursion, and also know something about MISSING terminating conditions too.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
        Couldn't help but have a genuine laugh at this.
        I DO know something about recursion, and also know something about MISSING terminating conditions too.
        There's always task manager...
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

thanks for that format help Vlado, I also discovered by accident that if you click on the [IMG] button at the bottom it gives you a list of the VBcode legal to use.

So here is another attempt at posting the code in a formatted and "READABLE" fashion
          Code:
          /*
          collect from a series of nested mix maps specific values and write them to a text file
          */

global indxmk = 1 --index counter for the 1st dimension of a 2d array used below = p

fn CollectMIXValues t =
          	(
          	if t != undefined do 
          		(
          		if (classof t == BitmapTexture) then 
          				(
          				-- set the bitmap file name here
          				-- bitmap is not needed as that is set later with another function
          				) else if (classof t == Mix) do 
          					(
          					-- make array (p) with values at each level
          					p[indxmk]= #(t.color2 , t.mask.output.output_amount , t.mask.filename, t.name)
          					indxmk += 1 --iterate
          					setFile t.map1 -- recurse into the mix map by parseing the current map, submap 1 of it
          					)
          		)
          	)

CollectMIXValues (meditmaterials[11])
          print p
          I discovered, to my horror, that file reading and writing isn't quite as simple as I thought it was going to be.
          And as for endless loops - there's always the power button and the door to the outside world...it exists! apparently.
          Raj

Comment

Working...
          X