No announcement yet.

March of the clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exporter goes through the specified frames and makes a shapshot of the mesh at each frame. It does not matter exactly how the mesh is animated.

Like with regular proxies, if you modify the object, you'll need to re-export the proxy.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Vlado.
      Will look into it from the scripting side, then.

On the proxies, do they support sub-frame snapshotting as well?
      I'm thinking of some jittering motion meant to look good when moblurred, or to a football rotating very rapidly (so that for each frame it always shows the same side to the camera).
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by dimo View Post
        Very Nice,

who was that guy who wanted to write the Massive2VRay bridge?
        (just kidding)

Best regards,

Dieter
        Well, i know that guy and you know that guy and i know the bridge is pretty much working - well at least it's a massive2max and max2massive bridge...
        This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

Sounds like the proxies will be a custom version of what point cache does, so same work flow.
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sushidelic View Post
            Well, i know that guy and you know that guy and i know the bridge is pretty much working - well at least it's a massive2max and max2massive bridge...
            Ah,

last time we met he asked me if it can be done. Nice to hear that he succeeded. But I bet Vray could handle it natively. Anyway, I should have another beer with him. It was a nice chat last time.

Best regards,

Dieter
            --------
            visit my developer blog

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              Depending on how much time I have before the next official build, I may be adding some compression to the files to reduce the disk space requirements, which should help somewhat.
              If i may, when stored on an NTFS filesystem, it would be easy to have the folder with the saved proxies runtime-compressed (set the folder as compressed when empty to avoid having to wait for all the files inside to be compressed at once, and just have them compressed one at a time...).
              That does cut down on disk filesizes a LOT for static proxies, so by the same rule it should do a good job also for animated ones.
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                If i may, when stored on an NTFS filesystem, it would be easy to have the folder with the saved proxies runtime-compressed (set the folder as compressed when empty to avoid having to wait for all the files inside to be compressed at once, and just have them compressed one at a time...).
                That does cut down on disk filesizes a LOT for static proxies, so by the same rule it should do a good job also for animated ones.
                Wouldn't that cause the server to need to uncompress the file every time it is accessed? On a large farm I think that might be deadly for the server CPU plus the added bandwith. I am not sure how compressed folders are handled client/server wise.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Well, compression is already there (file sizes go down 3 to 5 times); I have not made exact performance comparisons yet, except to note that it is not slower than before in any case.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

did i miss something. i saw the still of the clones marching. however this topic is about ANIMATED proxies. can we see an animation come on vlado hehe

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Well, compression is already there (file sizes go down 3 to 5 times); I have not made exact performance comparisons yet, except to note that it is not slower than before in any case.
                      Damn, I knew I saw that one late...
                      Lele
                      ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

So animated vrayproxies will be included in sp2? Is this correct?
                        Colin Senner

Comment

Yep.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

pushy pushy here: any idea of the prospected timeframe?
                            I promise i won't hold my breath, just to have an approximate idea...
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

I hope it is with 2009
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

ah yes, silly me, Vlado did speak about a recompile for max 2009, in fact.
                                Let me join you in the hope it'll be an SP2 recompile, Eric
                                Lele
                                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                                X