Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Elements Quality

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to make the renderID better quality for use in Photoshop and its selection tool. The results are very jagged at the moment. I have been using Refine Selection Option in Photoshop to make the selection smoother.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

For one i'd suggest using MultiMatte instead of RenderID. As it's got full rgb you need more elements, but the selection is a lot exacter (as you can simply use the Red Channel instead of an approximate color selection). In addition the renderID is not a really good choice as it's an integer channel if i recall right. And even more in addition the renderelements use the same sampling as the RGB, so if you are undersampling you might hit issues in elements that are easily overlooked in the RGB.

Kind Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

yep, as thorsten says.
      You can use as many of the Multimatte's as you want though with different ID's, so you can have every object in your scene selectable with a proper channel. You won't get any jagged edges this way.....you load the channel, you don't use a colour picker.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Was wondering if you could give me a clearer guide. Is it VrayMtlID in Render Elements which brings back black. I think I need to have a mooch around this site about Render Elements as I seem to be having trouble getting results from it.

And. I can never get any ZBuffer info. Whats wrong there? I have mm from 0 to 20000 in stages and just get black.
        Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

The Renderelement is called MultiMatteElement. What version are you on ? It was a development here and made its way into the official releases a while back.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

Jesus lads. Could'nt see the Trees for the Branches. I was completely missing the thing first in line. Thanks.

Noob over and out.
            Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Still getting black. What is it you have to do to get results from certain Render Elements? Is it different for different Elements. Is there any info I can read anywhere?
              Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Working...
              X