background problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background problems

I am facing the problem with seeing my scene backgroung through glass material.
    The scene is interior shot with the glass in the windows and backgound is bitmap image mapped at object in backgroung.
    When I render the scene without glass I can nicely see the background. When I add glass material to the scene, I only see blue color ( probably my environment color ). I would really like to have background image and nice reflections together. What can be the problem?

The glass material is egz Glass material with cca 20% of absorption strengh.

Last edited by _jaro; 21-02-2008, 01:27 PM.

Well, that can be caused by quite a few things, but start by checking if the baggrund obejct has its Vray Properties - "visible in refractions" turned off. Next check max trace depth in material or (if checked) render settings.
    Also if you are using a override material ontop off your glass material it could be caused by that.

Comment

Hype!,

also check your fog color and intensity under your glass material,
      tune the number till you get the right color. Also make sure your
      glass object has thickness as one face poly gives vray the idea
      that the thickness of it is infinite.
      Studio Max 2009 x64
      X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

I have tried all of your tips but none of it is working.
        My glass has thickness and all the setting are as described but still nothing. I have tried several glass materials but problem is still the same. If someone is is willing to look into my settings I am posting the scene right here.
        The scene is 3ds max 2008.
        Thanx a lot for any tips.
        http://www.drevco.sk/vray%20forum/scene.rar

Comment

You have the vray sky in your max environment slot and your background image in the vray GI environment slot. The background image needs to be in the vray environment reflection/refraction slot.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...nvironment.htm

Next?
          Last edited by Clifton Santiago; 22-02-2008, 04:53 AM.
          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

I have removed sky from 3ds max environment slot and I only use Vray override environment GI.
            The background image is mapped at the object behind the model.
            When I add material to reflection / refraction slot I receive only strange reflections and I am still not able to see background image mapped at object "outside"

Comment

Oh, I didn't look at it that closely. Why are you using EGZ and Simian materials? Do they work in 2008? I thought they were pretty old. Have they been updated? My EGZ stuff stopped working in Max 8...

I would recommend making your glass material from a vray material and see if that solves the problem.
              "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

I set up vray material to pure white at reflection and refraction slot with no fog color and fresnell on and the result is the same.
                I also tried some glass materials from V-ray materials.de but all the time same result. Without glass I can see backgrount, with glass I am not able to see background. only some gray color.

Comment

got any local or global refraction overrides ? (or reflection override without overriding the reflection ? )

Regards,
                  Thorsten

Comment

Working...
                  X