No announcement yet.

Optimized setting for high resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have many groups copied as instances many times....you think this is not very efficent?
    How else do you make instances of several objects...like a a table and chairs.

I normally group them, then duplicate with instanced geometry and reference. They should all be the same group...Efficient, right? One definition, several instances. Right?

Otherwise, would you rather explode the group, create one vray mesh, and instance that one? But then if you want to later change a material or something, no luck...

Thank you

regards

Comment

Groups Hijack
      This was mentioned to me by some one from Autodesk years ago.
      It does not affect every scene using them I have found but if your running into problems with really long load times or memory issues ungrouping is the first place i start...
      Two heads are better than one ...
      ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

What's with the weird resolutions? I always do 4961x3508 for A3@300dpi (which you can get away with up to A1) and 3508 x 2480 for A4, etc.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up yet another old thread, but I have a scene that renders fine at 1200x700 with irr map settings @ max -1 and min -4. If im rendering out to a rough resolution of 7800 x 4800 what irr map min/max would you set to ? I am thinking max -3 and min -8.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X