Requesting free plugin ideas for VRay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plugin idea

Clouds...There used to be a plugin for max 2 and max 3 that did clouds and environmentals.. i can't recall the name now but there was also a photoshop version of the same plugin....

claude
    Originally posted by 3DMK
    do I want to be a rich business man or a poor artist?

caddworkx

Comment

Originally posted by rmejia View Post
      Hehe, I could use that, and perhaps a "Make very nice" modifier option too.
      Yeah, depending on the client's needs
      One modifier with 4 settings:
      - Make nice
      - Make pretty nice
      - Make very nice
      - Make goddamn droolicious
      www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
      @home:
      / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
      / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
      @work:
      / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
      Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
      / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

I usually make nice from my point of view but I need a modifier "make the way architect wants" is more important for me

I think, Vray Scatter was nice on this post, similar to that one will be great

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=41617
        --Muzzy--

Comment

a export to photoshop File with all layers in correct position and with correct layermodes would be nice
          www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Some ideas:

(*). New shaders (like Advance Brazil shader) with new "real" fast glossy (reflaction and refraction). I don't like interpolation glossy and DMC glossy is so slooow...

(*). Manager tool for lights and materials, like Automatron by MetinSeven.
            www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
            Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Originally posted by cecofuli View Post
              (*). New shaders (like Advance Brazil shader) with new "real" fast glossy (reflaction and refraction). I don't like interpolation glossy and DMC glossy is so slooow...
              I'm baffled: how else would you do them, then?
              Something like fR's UltraBlur?
              Using the LC for glossies does speed them up quite a bit already...
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                Something like fR's UltraBlur?
                Buy more DR slaves ?

j/k...there's still surfaceblur if vray really aint fast enough for you :P

Regards,
                Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                  Buy more DR slaves ?

Regards,
                  Thorsten
                  Ghhghh... Hooo, yes, greats "plug-in" , but it's not free

Yes, LC speed-up the glossy, but... a bit more speed? . And the refraction glossy, for curve surface is slow.

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

There is a limit to how fast you can calculate glossies and all the shortcuts you can take are fairly complex, not something a beginner should try out.

This thread got a bit out of hand too, there is a whole wishlist section for feature requests. The starter of this thread said "it needs to be something where the first version isn't too complex/huge".

Back to topic.

There are lots of mental ray shaders out there where you can download the source code too, it'd be nice to have some of those in VRay, dispersion for example. Its fairly complex but when I looked into the mental ray source I'd say its doable.

Another one that was already mentioned here was the VRay proxy scatter.
                    http://www.ylilammi.com/

Comment

To scatter proxies there's a script that works pretty well (and fast), with some code from me and some from John O'Connell, I just have to release it without the copyprotection system.
                      Will do so in the next few days.
                      If someone needs it in a hurry, pm me.

This is the link for the free surfaceblur plugin.
                      http://lastjedioutpost.ru/Plug-ins.htm
                      It's not physically correct by any means, but if it's quick glossy reflections you want, there you have it.

Building shaders isn't trivial by any means, as the math involved in having them work properly, and fast enough, tends to spiral into the very complex quickly.
                      Possibly, though, from the pure coding side they aren't overly difficult.

It would be very nice to have a VRimg GUI for channel extraction and conversion, though. something that could be called up from within max, to get a preview of which channel is what...
                      Last edited by ^Lele^; 17-04-2008, 07:03 AM.
                      Lele
                      ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Greate new Lele ... . Can your proxy update in realtime like in 5 bilion's video? And for the "VRayScatter texture"? It's very usefull...

And, yes, i know surfaceblur, but, like you said, is not physically correct.

Ah, see this video... greate the VRayProxy Library

VIDEO

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

The script allows for a spline to be drawn, and a proxy (or other object, for that matter) to be picked as a "tree" to be "planted" on an arbitrary poly surface (with positional, rotational and scale jittering).

It will handle whatever your RAM allows, and the code can surely be made so that it reads a map from the surface to plant on, even though that will mean more rays to be traced, and more math to be processed, so it might considerably slow down the scattering phase.

We'll see what can be done later on.
                          Lele
                          ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

will the scatered objects follow topology changes in the base mesh?

cause that s what made my jaw drop in the posted example...
                            Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                            nuno@ene-digital.com
                            00351 917593145

Comment

Just to follow on from my recent query....an AO element would be pretty good
                              F10Nick
                              http://www.f10studios.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                                It would be very nice to have a VRimg GUI for channel extraction and conversion, though. something that could be called up from within max, to get a preview of which channel is what...
                                This will be nice too, even out of max, as a program, can be same as VFB layout to see each channel in vrimg and save them individually
                                Last edited by muzzy; 17-04-2008, 10:57 AM.
                                --Muzzy--

Comment

Working...
                                X