LWF quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWF quick question

I just read Vlado post for LWF, and it seems that a big discussion going on there, and as deep i read more confusing is gets, and now im totaly confused.
    I have allways use LFW set to this: MAX LUT/Gamma set to 2,2, both affect material checked, Input 2.2, output - 1.0, vray color mapping set to linear multiply with D/B set to 1.0, gamma 2.2, render in VFB, and i start to confuse is that correct or not?

when i copy my VFB i gets the mutch brighter image, like double gamma, but there i start to doubt witch one is correct?
    i start to like double gammed . any opinion will be great..

P.S. the scene is made for test the LWF, both light on the left is vray light set to sphere with radius 5cm, and 10cm, set to radiant power [W] - 60., camera is set to f8, SS 60, ISO 100
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fekta.studio; 15-04-2008, 03:13 PM.
    Best regards,
    Andrian

New test, camera is set to f5, and color mapping is set to reinhard with gamma 2.2, and burn set to 0.5 , straight from VFB.

Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Andrian

Comment

It depends on what the source image for the wood looked like originally, whichever one is closer to original I would assume to be correct.
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

About the two first images, if you set your gamma correction in Max to 2.2 and the V-Ray:: Color Mapping gamma to 2.2 then the image in the VFB will be Gamma 2.2 and when you clone the window to the max frame buffer it will have double gamma. So if I read your settings right, the second image is double corrected.

What I do is leave the gamma in the color mapping to 1 or set it to 2.2 and check the "Don't affect colors (adaptation only)", then in the VFB I turn on the sRBG button. The VFB will be in gamma 1, with the sRGB button on it will display in gamma 2.2, when the VFB is cloned to max it will be in 2.2

Comment

never use LWF before didn't understand the concept.
          Last edited by victor.nsy; 15-04-2008, 06:31 PM.
          Studio Max 2009 x64
          X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Working...
          X