• Time
  • Show
Clear All

np at all...actually had a good laugh...the shudder came late :P

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Damn! Now, who's going to start one???
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ive got a few photos I can donate to the group, but theyre not exactly work safe. I dont save quotes though, so someone else will have to start it.

(Sorry thorsten...)

Comment

lol guess what, me too

Comment

Originally posted by pixelstudio View Post
            you should render with vrayVFB with the button sRGB on.
            that would be the same as the output in the max render vfb

now you have to read over this forum again there are loads of post where this is the case.
            Weather it's on or off it doesn't make a difference when I save the image. Am I supposed to be comparing & adjusting the image off of the image when the button is active or not?

Thanks

Comment

It´s a viewer setting only. It doesnt actually change the saved image. If you want to post it in sRGB you need to untick the "Dont affect Colors" Checkbox and have the gamma at 2.2

None of the VRay VFB adjustments is meant to be saved to disk, it´s rather a preview and control feature then a color correction plugin :P

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

So which is the "correct" image?

Sorry for all the questions, I'd just like to be able to understand this once and for all.

Comment

Well the linear one is the "correct" one. But not all apps handle the linear one equally good when posting renderings. In addition the linear one as jpg doesnt make much sense as noone will be able to VIEW it correctly in a browser as an example. So if you output a final image, go sRGB (bake in the correction). If you do postwork and use an app that handles linear images correctly, go linear and float by all means.

Regards,
                  Thorsten

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

This... history feature...

I could have started enjoying my life ages ago
                      Dusan Bosnjak
                      http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X