Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best approach for a moving car 2 render?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best approach for a moving car 2 render?

Hi there,

I tried a few approaches and they all work alright. However i would like to know if i could optimize the whole process speed-wise since renderfarm time costs lots of energy What I'am planing to render is a moving camera with an animated car. The background is rendered in a seperate renderstage. so its just the car,moving wheels,some steering and some fast camera movments. I am sure i heard it before but is it really possible to precalc the irr map with a lower resolution then the actual image, lets say half the size,but keeping the same aspect? In my case i would use the precal animation process. 1st bounce irr map and 2nd brute force/none. I would love to use light cache but i guess since i have moving objects it wont work am i right? In the animation (rendering) i use Interp.Frames 2, or would you guys recommend a different setting? I am still using SP1. If you guys have any suggestion please hit me

thx in advance

ralf

Heya!

Render the bg as one pass with no car and cached GI (you can possibly use low gi settings but it depends on the detail of the environment) and then do a seperate pass with the environment as a matte object and the car rendered using brute force and light cache!

Comment

Thx

So i can use lightcache even though i have moving objects in it? Well sounds good to me then You suggest 1st bounce brute force and 2nd light cache?
      Last edited by k-arts; 23-04-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

for the environment render (which has no moving objects - they're hidden) do as normaly for a flythrough. for the moving car render, do a brute force and light cache set to single frame render and you shouldn't have many problems.

Comment

Working...
        X