Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animation prepass: anti-aliasing time take 3 to 4 X time

Hi,

ok, we try to render realistic water. If I use IRR map with min/max -6, 0 and all others goods settings, I can notice color spot on the surface. I think this is the refraction/SSS/glossiness pattern. I decided to use the animation prepass/rendering. Good job, but the anti-aliasing take 3 to 4 time to render a frame if I compare it with a render without animation prepass ( I use single frame)

It's visualy the same pic, but with a major time diffrence. When animation rendering is on, the prepass render is fast but everything slow down after the 5 irr map was loaded.

How can I optimize that? I use adaptive 0 - 3, I test it -1, 2 , I see a difference but ... I know this isn't the problem. I try 2 X brute force, but I don't have enough of my human life to wait for a nice render without noise.

Any idea?

P.Gosselin

In your scene, do you see through the water to the bottom, or you get the spots on the water surface itself?

Depending on what is the diffuse color of the water, you may simply try using a brute force GI method for it (or turn off the "use irradiance map" option for the material).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Yes I see through the water, but I use fog color and translucency. The director want a dirty water. But It's not the point. I don't understant why it's take much time for the anti-aliasing when I use animation prepass/rendering. I will be able to render without anim prepass/rendering, but I want to understand it. It is that anti-aliasing must take much time to sample the 5 irr map for the frame in animation rendering mode ? I don't understand the idea/logic of that.

Comment

It is not the anitaliasing that is slow, but intepolating between the different animated irradiance maps. You can either reduce the interpolation frames or intepolation samples parameters to speed up the renderings.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X