vray fur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray fur

I've been working on a rendering that has a small quantity of vray fur in it in the form of reeds. I have to render the image out at a resolution about 5400 pixels wide, my workstation has 8 gigs of ram. If I keep the fur in my machine will crash around the 3rd prepass but the machine isn't running out of ram. How do I get around this because it doesn’t seem to be a memory problem.

Under the V-Ray System tab, what are your Dynamic memory limit settings?
    Derik Bibb
    Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
    International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

800MB & default geometry set to auto

Comment

If you have 8 gigs of ram, try setting it at 7000 MB
        Derik Bibb
        Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
        International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

I was on the perception that it was a PER CORE threshold, so 800mb per core would be 6400mb? am I wrong?
          Colin Senner

Comment

I thought dynamic memory was used for loading proxy objects in a scene, what does it do exactley?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
              I was on the perception that it was a PER CORE threshold, so 800mb per core would be 6400mb? am I wrong?
              This was true for some very old V-Ray versions (before 1.47, I think). But now the dynamic memory pool is shared between all rendering threads.

Dynamic memory is used for several of the V-Ray render time geometry primitives, like 3d displacement, VRayFur and VRayProxy.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for clearing this up Vlado, now I'm boosting mine to 6gb!
                Colin Senner

Comment

wow, i had that in mind too... for the old versions...

thx vlado, now I will boost mine too. I can't figured out why my rendering took so long with displacement (loading, unloading), now I know
                  3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                  X