Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render to Texture Problems

Hi,

I'm using MAX 8 SP3, with V-Ray Adv 1.50.SP2.

I'm doing a small test file to determine the best workflow for me. I require that all final output is baked.

I'm currently using the Render to Texture function in MAX. However, all of my textures are completely blown out and overexposed.

I've attached a scene rendering and a Render to Texture-generated VRay_CompleteMap of the small wooden box in the middle.

Can anyone guide me to what may be happening and how to correct it? I'm using the same rendering presets file for both the scene rendering and the Render to Texture process.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Attached Files

By default V-Ray does not apply color mapping to the render to texture elements (this includes camera exposure), however there is an option in the V-Ray RTT elements to turn this on.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Thanks for the response. That fixed it!

We will ALWAYS want "Apply color mapping" to be selected. Is there a way to change something within MAX or V-Ray to force this to be turned on by default?

Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

Hey, that reminds me: For as long as R2T has existed, on any computer on any version of VRay I have always had to save a render to texture image by hand after it renders because only a black 640x480 image gets saved if I don't.
        Is there something I don't know about?
        - Geoff

Comment

I'm not entirely sure why this happens (it's always worked on my machine here). Do you use the V-Ray VFB? If yes, it might work more reliably if you set the save options from the V-Ray VFB itself (the Split render channels option). If you are using the 3ds max VFB, try using the V-Ray one with the above options.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This happens with one of my renderservers. The images render out fine but save as pure black. I never had the time to figure out why; it could have been related to that one server.

On two of my other machines I don't have this issue and I've rendered out hundreds of textures this way. I haven't tried with 3dsmax 2009 yet. These are issues I've had with max 9.
            Steve Burke
            www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
              Hey, that reminds me: For as long as R2T has existed, on any computer on any version of VRay I have always had to save a render to texture image by hand after it renders because only a black 640x480 image gets saved if I don't.
              Is there something I don't know about?
              I've had the same problem fairly often, i tend to just net render them now heh
              Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
              X