Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3GB Switch - Video Issue

Hi Everyone,
    I have a dual core (winxp-pro 32bit) machine that I had to recently re-format, ever since this the video card disappears using the 3Gb Switch (still works if I restart under the normal non-3gb switch) If I reinstall the driver under the 3Gb it will work for a day or two and then disappear again. Any ideas how I can stop this? I have updated to the latest version of the drivers, and tried to restarting numerous times to try and kick start it.... is there a fix any one might know of?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Hi Steve,
    Here I have a station with a MOBO with integrated video (intel chipset) and 3GB switch dont work. Always with video problem. Same case with some friends that have a integrated video...
    In this case, I installed a Winxp 64 and 3GB isnt necessary.

Have you used 3gb before format?

regards
    André Tobo
    Architect | Architectural Visualization
    www.tobo.com.br

Comment

Hi!
      I´ve had the same problem at our render nodes.
      They do not had a graphic card, they were using a on board one.

Solution to it

the /unerva command that if read the post about the 3gb swith you will find what it means.

using a limit of 2,8 gb of ram a manage to resolve the problem

/3gb/unerva 2800
      Johnny Grilo
      http://www.square-zero-one.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/squarezeroone

Comment

If you do use the 3gb switch and are having problems, have a look at IRQ sharing on your system. Make sure that only irq is used by the video card. Im sure I read somewhere also about having to allocate a memory address to the card...i may be wrong.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by joa_grilo View Post
          /3gb/unerva 2800
          yea same problem here.. i got away with /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=2900

Its still not terribly good.. it feels sluggish in some apps, I tend to just boot it when i really need to. but then, i'm also only 1 of 2 32bit workstations left, so when the other guys get crazy with the scenes.. i tend to have to use it a lot :P
          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
          X