Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr spawner issue

hi guys,

having a little problem with dr spawner. I've got three 64 bit, 8gb Machines with a total of 16 processors on each one. Before submitting a job I run the maxscript listener with "renderers.current.system_numThreads = 16" to use all 16 processors available on my machine.

This works fine but when I use DR spawner to render the same image, the host machine that I send it from uses the 16 buckets to render but the other two identical machines only use 4 buckets. Is there any way i can get round this and maximise the efficiency of the other computers????

many thanks in advance

giancarlo

I thought SP2 took care of this so you didn't need to set number of threads manually. I could be completely wrong though!
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Tricky is right, for sp2 and later there is really no need to set the number of threads explicitly - leave this parameter to its default value of 0 and V-Ray will pick up the correct number of threads automatically.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for the prompt replies. I've changed the default values to 0 and its now rendering with only Four buckets which seems strange considering when i put the value as 16 it renders with 16 buckets???

another problem has come up. when i send the render, the slave computer loads the scene, loads the irradiance map than comes up with the message render completed and then fails to respond.... any ideas what could be causing this?? see attached image....
        Attached Files

Comment

Is the license server info set up properly on the render slave?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X