VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - English pre-order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

no other release in my plains. If I will write an upgrade, for the SP3, will be a free PDF for the customers. But this summer, I think...
    For the adds in the SP3, you can see the VRay changelog. In my opinion SP3 is a robust maintainance release, plus some interesting new features, like VRayEnvFog, FastSSS2 shader and Mesh light, with a lot of bug fix and 3ds max Hair and Fur support
    Last edited by cecofuli; 07-05-2009, 08:39 AM.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

• hehe, under shipping you have Barnados. im wondering if thats a typo ant its supposed to be Barbados. as much as id love to get this right now $300 barbados dollars is still something i can part with yet

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Hi Da_elf,

opps, yes, it's Barbados . Anyway you can order the book in our shop and select "Barnados". The country selector is only for the shipping cost. Next you insert the correct shipping address with Barbados.

Bye

cecofuli
        www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
        Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

• ah cool. will try to get it as soon as i can afford

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

• Just got the book and its wonderful. there is nothing on the market, which you can compare against the pure mass of information in this book.

However, the only point of critism is that its sometimes hard to read, since the author always uses "one" instead of "you" and "I". Is there a certain reason for this? IMHO it is much easier to read something like "Then you adjust this and that setting to get this and that" than "One adjusts this and that as one gets this behaviour". You know what I mean? But maybe its just a matter of personal preferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragony View Post
              Just got the book and its wonderful. there is nothing on the market, which you can compare against the pure mass of information in this book.

However, the only point of critism is that its sometimes hard to read, since the author always uses "one" instead of "you" and "I". Is there a certain reason for this? IMHO it is much easier to read something like "Then you adjust this and that setting to get this and that" than "One adjusts this and that as one gets this behaviour". You know what I mean? But maybe its just a matter of personal preferences.
              I agree that the book is a bit awkward grammatically on occasion, not sure if everyone is aware that the guide was original written in Italian. The translation to English was a daunting undertaking. I suppose the company that did the translation could have done a better job but the Guide is a very large volume and a careful word by word translation was not practical. I worked with Francesco to correct translation errors that affected the technical accuracy, such as the literal translation of "frame" as "photogram", "displayed" as "elaborated", etc.and the most egregious grammatical and punctuation errors. This in itself was a large undertaking resulting in an errata of over 1000 entries.

What does speak very clearly are Francesco's thorough investigations and clear and comprehensive examples, tables and summations. I highly recommend a read.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

• I have no real issues with the lingo, but I would kill for an index.

Still, it is the most useful CG guidebook I have purchased, and I have a shelf full.

b
                Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

• aaahhh screw it, ill bite the bullet now and get it

Comment

• Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
                    I have no real issues with the lingo, but I would kill for an index.
                    I agree about the index. Would make it a lot easier to search for specific things.

Comment

• I keep meaning to grab it from the table about 10 feet from me and check it out.. lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• interesting to find an image of the original benchmark I created in there.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman View Post
                          I keep meaning to grab it from the table about 10 feet from me and check it out.. lol
                          You lazy git !
                          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• OUCH this is one of those times where is sucks to be Canadian :S even with the %25 discount its $129euro shipped to Canada and works out to around $203.00 Canadian. gonna have to think hard on this one but still seriously considering it...
                            Cheers,
                            -dave
                            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

• im still contemplating it. lol. the vat thing though messed me up

Comment

• Only EU needs to pay VAT afaik
                                Eric Boer
                                Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X