Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray fastSSS

Hi Guys,

Little bit confused with the SSS material for Vray.

There are 3 texture slots that are used to control the amount of each variable. Do I put coloured texture maps into these slots or should they only be black and white.

Are there any good tutorials around ? I have looked around online but cant seem to find any detailed tutorials...

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Steve
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

IT works much like any other SSS material. The colors are for different depths of the material. What color is the meat of your arm 1 inch down?

The help file explains it.

Comment

Ive pretty much only done arch vis with vray...basic materials for some other scenes, but never used vraySSS.

Yeah, looked at the help files, but still not entirely sure how to setup the materials.

Ok, i understand what you're saying, so the shallow texmap is your skin diffuse and the deep texmap is your blood vessels under your skin. So what is the back texmap for ?

Do i colour the deep texmap red in the places I want the blood to show through and black for the places I dont want it showing. Im not sure at all what colours I need to use for the back texmap ?

As I say, i have looked at the help docs, but they dont make complete sense to me..

Cheers for any help
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

back textures are the bones if you are talking about human flesh tone SSS material
        Or imagine lets say a glass of milk it will look white becos alot of light hits it, now let say we
        go dip ourselves in the glass of milk and take pictures inside the glass (I know it's impossible
        so let's imagine) the milk at the center of the glass should look grey becos lesser light travels
        to the center of the glass of milk as more light gets occluded.
        Last edited by victor.nsy; 16-11-2008, 07:37 PM.
        Studio Max 2009 x64
        X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Ok thanks for that. That makes sense to me now.

I guess I'll have to experiment with the colours and what they do for the different maps.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X