VRayEnvironmentFog - Smoke Examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayEnvironmentFog - Smoke Examples

I just stumbled over the images of the VRayEnvironmentFog help showing smoke.
    How did you simulate this as a 3d texture or import did it, maybe from FFX?

Thanks, Rob

It is not FumeFX; we used another fluid dynamics engine, which has the capability to provide the simulation data as 3d textures.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

whats the difference in speed/quality to doing smoke like that than with fumeFX or aura

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
        whats the difference in speed/quality to doing smoke like that than with fumeFX or aura
        VRayEnvironmentFog offers seamless integration with the V-Ray lighting calculations, including GI. The lighting and GI calculations performed by VRayEnvironmentFog are much faster and more precise than what a standalone atmospheric can achieve, because it can full take advantage of the V-Ray API.

Further on, VRayEnvironmentFog can be used to code complicated volumetric effects simply by implementing the proper texture maps to describe the volume - without the need to get deep into V-Ray shading code.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          It is not FumeFX; we used another fluid dynamics engine, which has the capability to provide the simulation data as 3d textures.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          huh? How did you make the smoke? What fluid dynamics engine? Can you give some more detail to us novice guys please?
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
            huh? How did you make the smoke? What fluid dynamics engine? Can you give some more detail to us novice guys please?
            Yea it has kind of an aura about it, doesn't it...?
            Last edited by Shimakaze; 14-03-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimakaze View Post
              Yea it has kind of an aura about it, doesn't it...?

ooooh

me wonders!
              Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
              nuno@ene-digital.com
              00351 917593145

Comment

PLEASE SAY IT'S SO!

I am tired of all the FumeFX talk when Aura was able to do crazy stuff long before fume.

I want my AURA!

Comment

the big question for me is how was the VrayAtmosphericFog effect applyed as a material to the smoke object? I thought this could only be applyed to gizmos.

Comment

It was not appliled to any object; simply the density and emission textures came from the grid of the fluid simulator (there is a special 3d texture map that reads these values and makes them available to VRayEnvironmentFog).

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Working...
                    X