sp3 "linear workflow" checkbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sp3 "linear workflow" checkbox

from what i can tell, the linear workflow checkbox only applies reverse gamma correction to vraymtls (standard\vrayfastsss2, for example, are ignored).

is this the only "disadvantage" to using the checkbox instead manually ensuring reverse correction on gamma corrected textures? ie any other reason not to use it?

seems like a really handy way to toggle between LWF and back without a lot of hassle, but it's a shame it doesn't work for everything. anyone (vlado? ) know if there are plans to make this more robust and work for other types of materials?

greg

Unfortunately we cannot do anything about non-vray materials, like the Standard material.

The fastSSS2 material is a bit tricky and requires some more careful thought.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Must admit I'm using it a huge amount - covers 90% of the things I'm doing so thanks a million for it!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        The fastSSS2 material is a bit tricky and requires some more careful thought.
        Will this "more careful thought" be coming from you or should we do our own more careful thinking?

(Trying to get the FastSSS2 to work properly with LWF is proving problematic.)

Comment

with fastsss2 (hooray) thought is kept to a minimum. I pay someone to do mine.

Comment

Working...
          X