Grass: displacement or vrayfur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass: displacement or vrayfur

I've been messing around with displacement for grass recently and am getting some pretty good results thanks to various tips on this forum. I then remembered vrayfur which I have rarely used. Does anybody use this for grass and how do you find it?

I've done some very limited tests but initially I find it to be a lot slower than displaced grass, but the advantage is that it can bend/taper etc which is quite nice.

Any thoughts on the matter?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

You never tend to notice the bend/taper unless it's right in the foreground, so you could just use a combination.

I've been playing around with modeled grass converted to a proxy recently for 'just under the camera' and it works quite well. Not fast, but it was never going to be.

Comment

I also get "better" results for closer seen grass using vrayfur. It does tend to be a little slower at rendering, but it looks so much better. I have been doing some tests using modeled blades combined with vrayproxy and vrayscatter and so far it's outperforming both displacement and vrayfur...

Comment

Working...
      X