No announcement yet.

Vue 7.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok....so riddle me this: Why can I find no information on how to get hold of this Terragen plugin. Are you the guys making it? Is it for sale? If not, why are you showing it off.

Edit: Hmm...so I obviously missed the secret download link hidden inside the "Information" icon.
    Last edited by trixian; 18-05-2009, 01:44 AM.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

it looks like they are just doing the max connection for terragen
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
        Ok....so riddle me this: Why can I find no information on how to get hold of this Terragen plugin. Are you the guys making it? Is it for sale? If not, why are you showing it off.

Edit: Hmm...so I obviously missed the secret download link hidden inside the "Information" icon.
        ...yes, that's a free plugin to share items between TG2 and MAX.

I am not showing off anything, since it was another user who asked about the picture

I am just trying to solve the riddle myself why people want Vue while you can already find nice tools for landscaping in MAX.
        And I was just saying that my studio will bring something similar as well very soon.

Davy

Comment

Davy

Hi

that looks wonderfull - is there (or will there be) a video tutorial demonstrating the workflow ?

NIR
          3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by nirsul View Post
            that looks wonderfull - is there (or will there be) a video tutorial demonstrating the workflow ?
            ...yes for sure and betas to get familiar with it yourself.

Comment

Hi Davy
              I like your idea to create a connection between terragen and max.
              I have tried your script and can import the lights and cameras, but I don't understand the object part. You can't import the object and the Heighfield aether. So how could we do a animation without any proportion or any referance point? May be am I wrong ?

anyway, great work, look's promicing
              3LP Team

Comment

...you can contact me to get the latest version which supports import of planets and heightfields (or subscribe to get notified of a new version ), heightfields are just plane representations to use as reference. Object is only for export to match inside TG2.

On a sidenote, this plugin is for TG2 and is not related to my studios nature tools.

But yes, I prefer TG2 above Vue for backdrops and things like that...for sure Vue will work if you stick to compositing just as you have to do with TG2 but please keep your hands of trying to get or see anything integrated in MAX as it will never match anything that you can use directly in MAX...just my thought

Davy

Comment

Thanks davy
                  I just send you a email
                  3LP Team

Comment

I was quite into all this until I had a go of terragen...

How can any sane man deal with those rendertimes? Pretty much just blank terrain and water was taking 15 minutes at 640x480.

Comment

...yes but give it some time to get the optimatisations through (am on their alpha board). So it's not yet time to compare rendertimes

For sure if you want to do full blown scenery at HD, you can get in trouble with rendertimes but for sure no issues for backdrops. Either way, TG2 is a true world environement and it's just great that it really works like it should.

Once more, for serious work, keep inside MAX and forget anything like an extra load connected to MAX. Just use what they are useful for, backdrops or anything more fancy if you can afford the render load. Choose Vue or TG2, whatever you prefer. I just love TG2 because its a true world compared to Vue.

Davy

Comment

so if vue is a no-go (and yes my company bought a copy and found it to be crap too) is there any way to get a realistic generated cloudy sky directly in max for rendering with vray? It needs to be fully HDRI of course, so it's more than just a pretty backdrop

Vlado! quick! add clouds and weather to the VRay sky!
                        http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
                          so if vue is a no-go (and yes my company bought a copy and found it to be crap too) is there any way to get a realistic generated cloudy sky directly in max for rendering with vray? It needs to be fully HDRI of course, so it's more than just a pretty backdrop

Vlado! quick! add clouds and weather to the VRay sky!
                          Pretty much just wait for ozone 5? With vray support.

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
                            Pretty much just wait for ozone 5? With vray support.
                            There is the new vray environmentfog option. It can get some decent results, thought its a beyotch to wrangle.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=45239

Also check out the helpfile. i think it has a sample scene there as well.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

My God! I downloaded the free version of TG2 today. I put detail right down, octaves to 2 (from 15 or 20), turned off atmosphere, and the render still took 5 minutes at 640x480 on a q6600! They've got a way to go..

Comment

Are you sure it's using all your cores?
                                Check that first cause you can force TG2 to use everything it gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X