EXR not saving linear data????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXR not saving linear data????

I'm having a problem where my linear renders saves as .exr files out of Max are getting clamped unless I choose the "premultiply alpha" option. This happens no matter whether I choose 32bit (full float) or 1/2 float, or realpixel RGB data. They are not clamped in the VFB, but when saved and reloaded they are.

This makes no sense to me, but is that normal or some kind of glitch?

Thanks,
    b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

This seems to be how the 3ds Max .exr writer works; you need to turn on the "Premultiplied alpha" to keep the HDR information.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      This seems to be how the 3ds Max .exr writer works; you need to turn on the "Premultiplied alpha" to keep the HDR information.
      I'm not on my workstation right now, but does this affect saving channeled EXRs via the .vrimg option (changing .vrimg to .exr)? There's not premult option since there's no EXR pop-up dialog...

Comment

Originally posted by nickroz View Post
        I'm not on my workstation right now, but does this affect saving channeled EXRs via the .vrimg option (changing .vrimg to .exr)? There's not premult option since there's no EXR pop-up dialog...
        It does not affect these .exr files, since V-Ray writes them directly without going through the 3ds Max .exr saver; they always have premultiplied alpha on anyways.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          It does not affect these .exr files, since V-Ray writes them directly without going through the 3ds Max .exr saver; they always have premultiplied alpha on anyways.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Can you get .exr un-premultiplied when converting from .vrimg?

/p

Comment

Working...
          X