Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animating an animated proxy

Hey all,

Lets say i exported just the mesh from a skinned biped with some motion (a walk cycle) as an animated proxy and i want to link that proxy to a dummy object that is on a path using a constraint. Is there any way to force the proxy to follow the dummy while going through its own animation? I hope that was clear. Basically want to put an animated mesh on a different path using a link to a dummy. Right now it looks like it its adding to the motion/rotation...meaning the mesh speeds ahead and it rotates really wide since the dummy is far behind.

Hope someone can help...really really running out of time here!
    -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

when you exported the animated proxy was the mesh walking along a path or was it static and walking in place?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Its just a skinned biped with a mocap file running in a straight line. I found a work around but the proxy method would be way better if i could get it to work.
      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

It could maybe work if you make the cycle with the character staying in one place; then you can attach it to the dummy. It might be tricky to avoid sliding feet in this case though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X