X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Scatter vs. Forestpack Pro ?

Which version would you recommend ?

VRay Scatter vs. Forestpack Pro ?

So far they almost do the same, except Forestpack Pro also supports non-proxy objects.

Any tips ?

Thanks,
    Martin

My vote goes to Forestpack Pro. I am more then happy with it, the support is awesome and like you said, you dont need to to convert your trees, gras and so on into proxies.
    www.short-cuts.de

Comment

i would have the same question--

what other advantages are there?
      can i load just as many millions and milions of polygons?

does it give me better scattering control?

(does it allow vray proxies or not, and if not, would that be a disadvantage?)

thanks

Comment

Theres a free version which is fully functional (doesnt allow spreading over meshes, just flat surfaces)

It's quite capable of a lot, I did a test a while ago with a few billion polys worth of proxes no trouble.

Comment

... support for VrayScatter is quite poor
          ...the tool itselve works fine and the new MultiScatter can do a lot more ... scatter objects not only proxies ... mentalray support

Comment

so the forestscatter can do proxies as well?

anyone can say anything the scattering functions themselves? i found them to be a bit poor in vrayscatter
            like how accurate can u lay down grids and control those?

Comment

tryharder, where we can find info about multiscatter?
              www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
              Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

cecofully, the softawre is in betastage, this is the link to the forum

http://rendering.ru/phpBB3/viewforum...b813bc5163e8f9

hope that helps

Comment

i hope they release another licence when you want to migrate from scatter to multiscatter, solidrocks really rocks in that way, one for work and one at home, it should be fair for the amount of money(not price at the moment) they will want us to pay
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Arch Pedro A. Solano
                  "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
                  Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
                  Follow us on facebook
                  Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Thanks for your responses! Very helpful.

One more question regarding the rendering with a renderfarm.

Which version includes the rendernodes for rendering in a network ? Or is it necessary to buy additional licenses ?

Comment

"so the forestscatter can do proxies as well?
                      anyone can say anything the scattering functions themselves?"
                      In forest you can use vray and mr proxies, but you dont have to, in my test there wasnt much of a difference regarding ram if i simply used meshes instead of proxies. The scatter area is defined by splines, you can also use splines to exclude parts of the area. Inside this area you can choose between different distribution modes. You can use a preset or you can use your own image file. In the latest release you can also use a color map and asign differents plants to different colors, which is qiute a nice feature. More about the distribution settings can be found here: http://itoosoft.com/english/menu.php...st_refdistmap2

"Which version includes the rendernodes for rendering in a network ? Or is it necessary to buy additional licenses ?"
                      With Forespack Pro you get unlimited render nodes. Dont know about VS.

Cant get the qoutes to work...
                      Last edited by Olli96; 30-01-2010, 06:40 AM.
                      www.short-cuts.de

Comment

olli, any words about their license system? say i have a computer at work and one at home, is there any dongle / floating license or something?
                        max 9 + vray

Comment

If you choose the stand-alone license then its linked to one pc and can not be used from another. If you choose the network license everyone on your network could use it but if you want to use it at home you would need to have access to your office network. As far as i know there is no floating license.
                          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

thx olli. bad news...
                            max 9 + vray

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
                              With Forespack Pro you get unlimited render nodes. Dont know about VS.

Thanks, that helps ! Also it seems that Forestpack Pro has "slope" and vray scatter doesn´t.
                              So all in all, FPP seems to be the better solution, more flexible and also easier to handle
                              form my pov.

Comment

Working...
                              X