No announcement yet.

Best Way to Isolate Objects/Materials After Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for that script dlparisi kindly posted, am I correct in assuming that as you create your scene, it automatically generates a different objID # for each new object you create right?

But still, with multimatte, you only have 3 solid colors to choose from each time you render one pass?

Yeah it generates a new obj Id for each object, but it also sets a new Multimatte Element for each ID so you'll get a channel with each object in it.

Last edited by dlparisi; 22-02-2010, 06:13 AM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that script dlparisi! I'm looking forward to the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
        I tried multimatte. What I'm understanding is that it will output 3 colors in total and black. So if there are more than 3 items you want to isolate, you would have to do more than one pass?

But still, with multimatte, you only have 3 solid colors to choose from each time you render one pass?

you can save out as many as you like with one render - just make sure to rename the channels otherwise youll write them over.

dlparisi - very cool. and thanks for posting it soon

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
          I tried multimatte. What I'm understanding is that it will output 3 colors in total and black. So if there are more than 3 items you want to isolate, you would have to do more than one pass?.....

..... But still, with multimatte, you only have 3 solid colors to choose from each time you render one pass?

True, but you can add multiple instances/copies of the Multimatte element to your render elements, and just change the 3 matID numbers (so one has 1,2,3, and the next has 4,5,6, an so on). That way you can have as many as you like and it renders in one pass.
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Regarding Multimatte: Why isn't there an option to use the Alpha-channel as well? That way you could use 4 channels per pass...

Comment

V-Ray can only store 3-channel render elements at present (even the alpha is stored as a RGB element internally since it is a color really, not just a number), so the multimatte cannot use the alpha.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Last edited by vlado; 24-02-2010, 08:19 AM.
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've posted the new Multimatte generator script in a new thread at http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...nerator-Script
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
                X