decal reflecting through bottle to other side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decal reflecting through bottle to other side

I made a Bacardi bottle and I used materials IDs for the Bacardi label, I applied the label in the refraction lot of the glass, but I am having problems with the label reflecting through the liquid to the other side of the bottle, I tried turning down the reflections of the glass, but that just blurred it. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this?

Let me know if there is any info you need. I attached a low setting render to show you what its doing

Thanks for any help

-B
    Attached Files
    www.billa1.com

Here is another render to show what its doing. The labels are actually suppose to yellow, but they are coming out blue. Im lighting it with a studio hdri and a few vray light planes, the hdri is in a light dome

I could really use some help on this.

Thanks again

-B
    Attached Files
    www.billa1.com

Comment

I think most people do labels with another object - select & copy some faces from the bottle, offset them by .1mm, use an opacity map and another material.

Comment

I think that might do the trick. Thank you
        www.billa1.com

Comment

It is hard to say why that is happening without seeing your file, but I would suggest using a separate object for the label as Neil suggested. I use that method and have not had this problem. Just shell out the bottle a tiny bit and alph out your label art. Works like a charm, and much easier to control anyway.

b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Thank you Brett, that did seem to work out well

-B
            www.billa1.com

Comment

Working...
            X