No announcement yet.

What is the deal with BerconMetaballs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the deal with BerconMetaballs?

Hey,

Sorry I've been a bit unresponsive lately. I've decided to stop supporting BerconMetaballs because it takes time and it is mainly finished so there aren't any interesting new features to add. I don't have vray license at hand atm so I really couldn't even if I wanted to.

I licensed the whole stuff under Apache License 2.0 so you can do basically anything you want with the code. Edit it, share it, sell it, whatever. Included is also todo list of some minor things you can fix if you wish. The code is pretty clean and should be easy to maintain/update/etc.

You can download the full source code here: http://www.ylilammi.com/BerconMetaba..._2010_03_24.7z

The motion blur issue remains to be unsolved. I haven't heard from the developers of pflow other than that they'd look into it at some point, perhaps its fixed in Max 2011. To my understanding the bug is in pflow and thus I can't really fix it myself.

If you have any further questions regarding the plugin I will try to answer them here.

- Jerry Ylilammi
    http://www.ylilammi.com/

Heya

Thanx!! I love ur plugins. I had them long time ago, lost,now found again. Im in heaven @_@

btw what category are they under toolbars/customize in max? :s
    Last edited by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal); 24-03-2010, 09:35 AM.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

thanks a bunch. I love your wooden parliament image btw. It's my desktop background. Can't stop fantasizing about blowing it up with reactor or something. :P

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

All I can say is thanks for all the fish err... plugins! and maybe Chaosgroup could drop you a NFR version to play and develop with
        particle makes perfect

Comment

Heya

Quick Q did u made http://www.cg-source.com/multitexture.php too ?
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hey MasterB,

One thing that would be REALLY awesome for BerconMetaBalls would be if it could use Vertex Color... Is it possible at all?

If yes, could it perhaps be one last addition to the plugin before you stop supporting it? I cannot tell you in words how happy I would be to see this functionality in BerconBalls...

Cheers,
            Martin
            Last edited by Stebbing3D; 25-03-2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

DADAL, I think they are under Bercon, IIRC. Yeah I wrote the multitexture and floorgen.

Martin, like I said I don't have vray license atm so... Another thing is that while its pretty straightforward process it would still take roughly 15-20 hours with all the testing etc. and I can't afford to spend so much time on it right now.

- Jerry

Comment

Jerry,

I sent you a PM....

Martin

Comment

I just discovered this plugin! Awesome! you just saved my life, I needed metaballs and blobmesh is too slow. Berconmetaballs is so fast! thank you so much.

I installed it along max 2011 and vray SP5. It works great so far. Except sometimes get an error message in V-Ray messages: "warning: Invalid geometric normal (-1.#IND -1.#IND -1#IND) for "<unknown>". And it just freezes max and I have to kill it.

Is there anyway to use UV mapping? I'm using mesh objects for the metaballs right now....

Also any modifiers added on the metaballs does not seem to be affecting the metaballs. I think it would be a great addition for example to be able to add a relax modifier on top of the metaball shape.
                  Last edited by jstrob; 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                  Little Antman
                  See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                  Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Remember also to check out the new BerconballTex that allows you to color your BerconMetaBalls!

Download it here:

http://mindflow.de/

Martin

Comment

Thnaks I will try it. It's the same file I downloaded from maxplugins.de

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                      Little Antman
                      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Ah yes, so you have the MetaballTex already...

Comment

Quick request for ya! Any chance of a recompile for vray 2? Also if that wasn't pushy enough, I'm using thinking particles for a few things at the minute - it'd be brilliant to get motion blur support for it! At the minute what seems to happen is it blurs between the the origin and the position of the particle in a line - bit of an odd one. I'm doing loads of blood splats at the minute so it'd be invaluable!

Cheers,

John

Comment

Here is a recompile for V-Ray 2.0 along with the modified sources; no TP support yet, this will take a bit more time.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/misc/berc...lls_vray20.rar

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

One feature idea/request for this plugin was adding the iso surface for objects. Now that you've wrote the Distance Texture for VRay 2.0, pluging it into Metaballs should be fairly easy and you could render iso surfaces of objects, like the dimos vrayiso plugin does.

Vlado, if you can provide me with a nfr vray 2.0 license and sufficient sdk to use the same algorithm distance texture uses I could try to do it myself just for fun. It would probably be pretty nice feature to have.

- Jerry

Comment

Working...
                              X