What is the deal with BerconMetaballs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys

Is there a max 2011/2012 x64 ver vray 2.0 ?

I got a little splash from particles and the blob mesh just aint working ! (they wayy to big... )

I'd like to giev a try that BerconMetaballs.

Thanks, ciao.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Yes, on the link I posted earlier there are builds for max 2008 to 2012 for V-Ray 2.0.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ahh got ya ! I thought that link was for coders or something hehe, Thanks !
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Bercon Metaballs Help / Documentation

Ehm, hi everyone.

May be a stupid question, but is there a documentation for the Bercon Metaballs out there anywhere? I did not find anything. Or some tutorial explaining all the features? I know, it is no that complex, but some settings I do not understand. I see the impact, but I do not understand what is going on.

And at this point to Master Bercon and Vlado: Thank you both for developing and maintaining this great plugin! At the very moment I would not know how to do the job without...

Thanks to everyone.

Sascha

EDIT: And by the way - will there be a 2014-version of this? I read about VRay-own metaballs development. Will these replace the need for BM?
          Last edited by Sascha Selent; 17-06-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

The 2013 version of the Bercon plugins should work fine in 3ds Max 2014.

For V-Ray 3.0 we have implemented our own metaballs plugin, so hopefully you'll be able to do most of that stuff with it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado!

Thanks for answering.
              Originally posted by vlado View Post
              The 2013 version of the Bercon plugins should work fine in 3ds Max 2014.
              Woah, compatibility? Autodesk?

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              For V-Ray 3.0 we have implemented our own metaballs plugin, so hopefully you'll be able to do most of that stuff with it.
              That sounds nice. Do you have an ETA for 3.0? Looking forward for it

Thank you.

Sascha

Comment

The current version does work with 2014.

I was curious, did anyone ever complete a way to take particle vertex colors and have the balls take on the vertex color of the underlying particle (or vertex if created from geometry)? I did not see how to do that. Google turned up a plugin someone was developing for this, but I never saw that it was released.

This would be useful for, say, blending two RealFlow fluid together (coffee and cream for instance). I can do this with Frost using the Magma Modifier from Krakatoa. But I could not figure out how to do it with the Bercon Metaballs.

Comment

Working...
                X