• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muoto View Post
    (*) Support for reflection occlusion in VRayDirt;
    (*) Support for environment sampling in VRayDirt;

What does it do ? any examples ?
    is relfection occlusion a kind of fast reflection with distance fall-off ? (seems so when testing...)
    and you can set up the glossy...wow...is this faster than using normal glossy reflections ?
    Last edited by muoto; 06-05-2010, 03:23 AM.

Comment

It is not true reflection as it will not give you the colors of the reflected objects, just their silhouettes. You can use it as a fast substitute for reflections, as well as for generating reflection masks (for example, you can use it to generate alpha channel for reflections).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok thanks for the info,

Would it be difficult to implement a distance fall-off for the reflection in the normal vray reflection map?

Comment

Would it be difficult to implement a distance fall-off for the reflection in the normal vray reflection map?
          It is already done for the next version.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Vlado,
            did you notice that, in the Slate material editor, some vraymaps/vraymats are not classified under the 'vray 1.5' group, but in the standard group...

Comment

Yes; for some of them, this is intentional, as they work with the scanline renderer too; for others it is already corrected for future builds. A problem with this is that the classification is based on renderer compatibility, not on where the maps come from.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Last edited by vlado; 06-05-2010, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Vlado can you explain how the Stereo red/cyan & Stereo green/magenta buttons on the VFB work? I thought that when I saved out the combined image from the VFB it would retain the image as shown but it just saves out the side by side image instead.

Comment

and heuu...any news on RT ? i got always an error message when opening my max2009 files

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
                    Vlado can you explain how the Stereo red/cyan & Stereo green/magenta buttons on the VFB work? I thought that when I saved out the combined image from the VFB it would retain the image as shown but it just saves out the side by side image instead.
                    It is just for a quick preview of the result; you may want to do something else with the image afterwards (e.g. do color corrections, or compositing etc), which would be impossible if the image is saved in anaglyph mode.

[There is also currently a bug in the stereo preview in the VFB that may cause it to crash; I've fixed this already, hopefully I'll manage to update the builds before the official announcement next week.]

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

and heuu...any news on RT ? i got always an error message when opening my max2009 files
                      The update for V-Ray RT should be coming next week too.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        It is just for a quick preview of the result; you may want to do something else with the image afterwards (e.g. do color corrections, or compositing etc), which would be impossible if the image is saved in anaglyph mode.

[There is also currently a bug in the stereo preview in the VFB that may cause it to crash; I've fixed this already, hopefully I'll manage to update the builds before the official announcement next week.]

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Hi,

Is the uploaded version is updated build?
                        I've visited the download section today but found that the same date and same version.
                        I've already installed sp5 at last week.
                        Should I have to re-download and install it ?
                        Last edited by sandykoufax; 16-05-2010, 06:19 AM.
                        :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Check the date at the start of the changelog; if it is April 24th, then it is the old build, if it is May 6th then it is the updated one (you just need to re-download it).

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Thanks, I've re-downloaded and installed it.
                            I've found that the file size is slightly different too.
                            :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Working...
                            X