Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and happy to be here !

Hi everybody,
    I'm new here and I have to say, I'm really happy ! So much greats talents here, I'm really exciting to be a new user of Vray, I have so much things to learn. I have a lot of questions but I don't want to boring with this ... for now !! ... Before, I hope to find by myself (and through this great forum !) all my answers

Anyway, I have one question. Not really about vray but in relation with vray.
    I will start to work with a totally new workflow (new job, new environment, etc). Before, I would like to know something about Xrefs and Vray : what is the best way if I work with xrefs, want to render via BB or DR ?

Thanks

(Sorry for my bad english)

Welcome to the forum

For X-Refs and DR, make sure that they are linked with UNC path names or mapped drives, so that all render slaves can see them.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Nice to meet you !
      I'm really happy to be here

I feared that this is more complicated because I believed I read somewhere that DR was not usable with xrefs. As I said before, I have a lot of things to learn !

Comment

I'm new to V-Ray too, absolutely love it - it's made 3D fun again and more creative. Not as many problems solving as before
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

Hi !

It was a old old old log I don't really use when I was just curious about this new render engine at this time !! Old day ! then I forget this ... Now it's just an update of this account (Thx to technical support)
          And be sure, I will use it ! a lot !
          So I will use this thread to ask some other boring questions ! Excuse me for this ! Another example :
          What's the best workflow if I want to render my differents scenes during nights ? I mean, I have a scene with several cams, multi positions for my sun, etc etc ... I want to launch my render before leaving office... I will have 2 pc's so I will certtainly try to use DR or BB (I don't know yet, I have to learn how to use it before !) Do I have to precal' GI before ? If I have to do this ? how ?
          Thanks again

Comment

OK, I think I need to be more precise ... and I will have to test several configurations then, I will be able to know what's going on.
            My goal is to be able to render images AND Irmap, Lightcache, render elements (I also have to learn about this big stuff !), etc, during night. I don't want to have to precalculated anything, I just want to prepare all files and push "render". Next morning, all is saved !

I know, a lot of threads, a lot of tutorials have treated this subject... I'm really newbie and it's a new world for me ! So it's a bit difficult to understand. So sorry to be so boring with this. Anyway, I will continue to search ans test !

Comment

Working...
            X