Vray 2.0 Upgrade cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0 Upgrade cost?

I know its early to ask this, but will 1.5 users have to pay FULL price for 2.0? Or will there be a discount or even free for 1.5 users?

The reason I ask is, a coworker is interested in buying VRay now, but will wait if it will cost full price when 2.0 comes out...

They will not say anything about it.
    BTW - I dont think it will be a full price - They release service packs for free - which proves they are far from being greedy.
    But if it does - I will have to re think our future relations with Chaos.

I tried getting info about the upgrade from RT to RT GPU and the reseller said - no info will be released as of now.
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

There will be an upgrade price to V-Ray 2.0, but it will be a lot lower than a full license. There will not be a separate upgrade from RT to RT GPU, as RT and RT GPU are going to be included in the V-Ray package (so, you only need the upgrade to V-Ray 2.0). I hope detailed info about this will be released officially soon.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Last edited by vlado; 15-08-2010, 07:57 AM.
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        There will be an upgrade price to V-Ray 2.0, but it will be a lot lower than a full license. There will not be a separate upgrade from RT to RT GPU, as RT and RT GPU are going to be included in the V-Ray package (so, you only need the upgrade to V-Ray 2.0). I hope detailed info about this will be released officially soon.

Best regards,
        Vlado

What? RT GPU is included in the VRay 2.0 ? Really?
        If that, when I upgrade my VRay 1.5 to VRay 2.0, I can use VRay RT(&RT GPU) without additional payment?

Maybe, the upgrade price of current RT user is lower than that of no-RT user ?
        Last edited by sandykoufax; 15-08-2010, 10:36 AM.
        :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Vlado
          Could you expand on what will happen to people who have RT as well as Vray ?
          I am considering buying RT but it may seem like a waste of money if Vray 2.0 will have everything under its hood.

BTW: Will we ever have a MultiLight-like workflow ?

thx for the great job

Regards

NIR
          3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by nirsul View Post
            They will not say anything about it.
            BTW - I dont think it will be a full price - They release service packs for free - which proves they are far from being greedy.
            But if it does - I will have to re think our future relations with Chaos.
            For almost every software you pay every year an amount of money for a new version, upgrade (like 3ds max, autocad, Vrayscatter, PS, etc) .
            We pay'd about 400 Euro's ( i don't know the exact price anymore) almost 4 years ago, for Vray. Many new features were added for no extra cost every year..
            So i think its more then fair to pay for a new release..

A bit harsh to say you rethink your future relation with Chaos because you'd have to pay for a new release, but thats your opinion (maybe you'de just bought vray?)
            For me and i thin k for many others, Chaos would be the first from all the software i 'm willing to pay some extra money.

just my 2cts..

But as aspected they aren't that greedy
            http://3dstudioprins.nl/

Comment

"BTW: Will we ever have a MultiLight-like workflow ?"

Don't you think with V-Ray RT a "MultiLight" feature is obsolete?
              It's Multilight, Multimaterial, Multiobject already! What do you think, is the meaning of "RT"?
              Last edited by Ron Martin; 16-08-2010, 12:14 AM.
              www.3dpowerstore.de

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Martin View Post
                "BTW: Will we ever have a MultiLight-like workflow ?"

Don't you think with V-Ray RT a "MultiLight" feature is obsolete?
                It's Multilight, Multimaterial, Multiobject already! What do you think, is the meaning of "RT"?

Ron
                You are right !
                It indeed is but what I probably meant was more like a special GUI with controls for groups of lights (like the MAxwell render's one)

NIR

Comment

Originally posted by nirsul View Post
                  It indeed is but what I probably meant was more like a special GUI with controls for groups of lights (like the MAxwell render's one)
                  Well, we are working on a V-Ray version of the Light Lister tool, with some extensions.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roest View Post
                    For almost every software you pay every year an amount of money for a new version, upgrade (like 3ds max, autocad, Vrayscatter, PS, etc) .
                    We pay'd about 400 Euro's ( i don't know the exact price anymore) almost 4 years ago, for Vray. Many new features were added for no extra cost every year..
                    So i think its more then fair to pay for a new release..

A bit harsh to say you rethink your future relation with Chaos because you'd have to pay for a new release, but thats your opinion (maybe you'de just bought vray?)
                    For me and i thin k for many others, Chaos would be the first from all the software i 'm willing to pay some extra money.

just my 2cts..

But as aspected they aren't that greedy
                    Roest !

The "rethinking of our relations" was in the unthinkable case of charging a full price for the upgrade as one of the posters suggested.
                    Chaos is one of the few software developer companies that release upgrades for free. (one mentionable other is www.GHISLER.com)
                    They are practically on the same level of the gods in the software world. LOL

I paid just 3 months ago so much money for improvements I have yet to use in 3ds Max and Photoshop that Vray 2.0 will never manage to compete.

NIR

NIR

Comment

NIR!
                      Sry for the misunderstanding.

Jeroen
                      http://3dstudioprins.nl/

Comment

C'mon Vray 2.0! I've never been so excited about an upgrade.

(I am now, oficially, more than at any other time, a geek)
                        Kind Regards,
                        Richard Birket
                        ----------------------------------->
                        http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

hm ... I bought Vray and RT
                          the update to 2.0 should be much lower vs. the common update price ?!

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                            I hope so too..
                            Marc Lorenz
                            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                            www.marclorenz.com
                            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                              Its always going to be tricky for ChaosGroup to work out the pricing structure, but given that this will have RT GPU as well, I think all past users of Vray and/or RT will get a bloody good deal.
                              Kind Regards,
                              Richard Birket
                              http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Working...
                              X