Vray 2.0 Upgrade cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tricky View Post
    Kiss arse! (only joking - I feel pretty much the same way)
    Heh, I was thinking the same when I was writing it.

-LarsSon aka Vray Fanboy
    Lasse Kilpia
    VFX Artist
    Post Control Helsinki

Comment

I guess economy crisis didn't got you boys huh ?
      Luke Szeflinski
      :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

would be nice that Vray customers decide themselves the product price...why not?
        I think that Vray RT GPU has tons of new c++ code and it will sign a new era in 3d graphic computing, it will cost twice the cost of the CPU version, but I think is an investment.
        I paid Vray + RT 1.000 euros about
        Vray2.0 up + RT GPU upgrade should cost 500,00€, the full version 1.500€
        ...but probably I'm wrong...

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by lukx View Post
          I guess economy crisis didn't got you boys huh ?
          No one forces an upgrade. Only purchase things you can afford. We'd like faster PCs, but we can't afford 'em. It sucks, but that's life.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

I have 2 licenses for Vray and I also bought one license for RT. If RT is now going to be included in Vray 2.0, what happens to my RT license? Does it become redundant or do I have some sort of option to upgrade it to another license of Vray?

Comment

there is obviously no answers yet, any idea when we WILL have concrete answers on this? Next day or 2? or next month?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

I would say next month. It is not something that we would want to rush before thinking it over carefully.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

If Chaosgroup yet hasn't decided on a pricing structure, what about a quick poll on what price people on the forum would pay for the 2.0/GT upgrade... or is this a dangerous move?
                  Jonas Andersen
                  Cadpeople | Visual Communication
                  www.cadpeople.com

Comment

IMHO, I have been using vray for a VERY long time. I don't care if I have to pay full price to upgrade to 2.0! I pay a ton of Money to Adobe and Autodesk every year. I have gotten WAY more that I had ever expected, for almost nothing.

Definitely looking forward to the new release. Sucks that I probably won't be able to get it right away due to on going projects. Once they are done, it's on!

(VRay Fanboy)
                    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                    Midwest Studios

Comment

I have to agree. The software, technical support, forum support and quality of everything chaosgroup do wouldnt have me complaining if I had to pay for the upgrade. They seem to be a very moral and helpful bunch of guys. Hats off to them.
                      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

In case of buying now the "Bundle three in one" the upgrade to 2.0 would be......let's say 500€...200€...maybe free :P

2.0 seems to be soon here so i am thinking the different choices

best regards,

Comment

Hope to know the price soon preferably before the phoenix discounts ends so I know if I can get them both or if I have to save for the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsay View Post
                            I have 2 licenses for Vray and I also bought one license for RT. If RT is now going to be included in Vray 2.0, what happens to my RT license? Does it become redundant or do I have some sort of option to upgrade it to another license of Vray?
                            I would guess that you'd get a different upgrade price if you owned Vray and RT. Personally, I'm very happy about the decision to include RT GPU with Vray, whatever the price -I think iRay may be adding to the pressure Chaos Group is facing when deciding how to package software.
                            Last edited by davidr; 29-08-2010, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I don't think there will be huge sticker shock........
                              Two heads are better than one ...
                              ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                I would say next month. It is not something that we would want to rush before thinking it over carefully.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                Next month is here, now what?
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X