render element extra reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render element extra reflection

I have a complex scene with a large area of paving. The paving has a certain amount of glossy/falloff reflection on it. However, I want to be able to tweek the strength of this reflection in post.

What I therefore would like is to have a render element where I increase the amount of reflection on a particular object. It needs to be some kind of combination of VRayExtraTex and VRayReflection I suppose.

Is this kind of thing possible?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

I think it's combination of vrayReflection element and multimatte.
    With multimatte you get mask for needed objects. Using that, you can add reflection
    element affecting wanted object only. Right?

-LarsSon
    Lasse Kilpia
    VFX Artist
    Post Control Helsinki

Comment

No. I obviously didn't make myself clear enough.

I have a stone texture applied to some of my geometry in the scene. The stone material has a small amount of reflection in it.
      I also want to render a stronger reflection on the stone, so, to take the idea to its extreme, I want to put a 100% reflective mirror material on the stone as a VRayExtraTex. I don't want it to apply the mirror material to all the geometry as that would take a long time to calculate and render - just the stone.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket

Comment

Instead of the extra texture could you just use the VRayRawReflection Element masked with a MultiMatte?
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
          Instead of the extra texture could you just use the VRayRawReflection Element masked with a MultiMatte?
          Yes, that's what I am doing at the moment, but isn't the VRayRawReflection element only using the intensity of reflection that you set in the reflection slot? I may be misunderstanding this element...
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket

Comment

I thought it was the raw reflection (i.e., a pure reflection) before it's multiplied by the reflection filter color (i.e., basically the color you pick in the reflection slot).
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
            X